• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated steering wheel stopped working

robert5090

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, 2022 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Sales
I wonder if that's what a lot are seeing? I have similar issues to the other posts, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I made one appointment with the dealer and then canceled the next day when it worked, figuring they won't be able to tell me anything other than it's working now.
You are not going to believe this! Just got in my truck after remote starting it for 5 min and my steering wheel is toastyyyyy. But it's warm out.
And I was whining about not getting PAAK update and it showed up too. I should start complaining more loool
Sponsored

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
You are not going to believe this! Just got in my truck after remote starting it for 5 min and my steering wheel is toastyyyyy. But it's warm out.
And I was whining about not getting PAAK update and it showed up too. I should start complaining more loool
I have that issue all the time. I don't know what logic (if any) they use to turn on the seats and wheel. There are 65 degree days I get in and preconditioning has my seat on high and wheel heater on. Other 35 degree days, nothing is on. :rolleyes:

dovetaildan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I read over on the regular F150 forums that the heated steering wheel can automatically shuts off when it gets too hot. Wondering if perhaps it is just designed to work this way, if it is hot (or warm) it automatically shuts itself off after a while. Agree this isn't very intuitive if that is the case however

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
This mornings pre-conditioning session had a cold steering wheel though the control was illuminated on the sync4 screen. Cabin was warm though. Session started on time and I got a FP alert the session was complete and truck was ready to drive.

Another quirky issue, the session was completed, I would expect the truck to go back to sleep, but when I went to the garage to un-plug and back her out, I could hear the cabin blower still running, as soon as I pressed the CCS-1 lock release to remove the plug the blower stopped, is this normal for the conditioning phase to continue past the departure time? I guess it might be to keep the temps level until the driver is actually ready to depart.

After we completed the drive, parked had breakfast, I started the truck normally and switched on the heated wheel manually it warmed up immediately, so I think we have a logic issue in the software at this point, rather than a electrical control / relay failure.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
After we completed the drive, parked had breakfast, I started the truck normally and switched on the heated wheel manually it warmed up immediately, so I think we have a logic issue in the software at this point, rather than a electrical control / relay failure.
I agree. Mine has been working when turned on manually lately, but occasionally when preconditioning.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I agree. Mine has been working when turned on manually lately, but occasionally when preconditioning.
This mornings test of the MEDIUM departure setting resulted in less but warm cabin and seats, but still cold steering wheel

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just a follow-up on this problem, allow more than 15 minutes beyond planned departure time, the truck will go to sleep, afterward your heated steering wheel will work normally when you start the truck.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
As I'm not a FORScan user quite yet, I am a 2023 Platinum Lightning owner. As the heated steering wheel was a deleted item, I'm wondering if it was just a delete in software from my screen (button is not on the display) or if it can be enabled and able to work with FORScan?
Anybody tried this yet? Of course if it is actually missing a chip then that is another project for another day hopefully.... LOL i'd actually just not even mind seeing the icon on my screen for laughs and giggles instead of the blank spot where it belongs....

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
As I'm not a FORScan user quite yet, I am a 2023 Platinum Lightning owner. As the heated steering wheel was a deleted item, I'm wondering if it was just a delete in software from my screen (button is not on the display) or if it can be enabled and able to work with FORScan?
Anybody tried this yet? Of course if it is actually missing a chip then that is another project for another day hopefully.... LOL i'd actually just not even mind seeing the icon on my screen for laughs and giggles instead of the blank spot where it belongs....
Until the missing hardware is installed, the Sync screen has been programmed to hide the switch, if / when they supply the part, the technician will enable the switch.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Until the missing hardware is installed, the Sync screen has been programmed to hide the switch, if / when they supply the part, the technician will enable the switch.
Thanks, it would be cool if way to have the switch unhidden in the mean time imho :)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, it would be cool if way to have the switch unhidden in the mean time imho :)
As you suspected, it's probably a code that only Forscan programmers can access and adjust.
Sponsored