• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
Nice. A Three Peak tire option besides Blizzak. Hopefully, there will be sizes for all Lightning models. I haven't been thrilled with the Hankook OEM AT tires performance in ice and snow.

OP
OP
jetfixr1

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Nice. A Three Peak tire option besides Blizzak. Hopefully, there will be sizes for all Lightning models. I haven't been thrilled with the Hankook OEM AT tires performance in ice and snow.
My Hankooks break free in shallow puddles. The Michelin Defender’s I had on my previous ICE F-150 never broke free in the same spots.

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
I'm desperate for new tires (60K) and been trying to get some since Oct, ordered defenders from costco when they came in they refused to install as they said they were rated only 115 not 116

seems hard to find tires for this truck so far,

those have a great look!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I put the new Cooper Discover Road and Trail tires on mine (115 not 116, but my local shop was fine doing it). So far I have been very impressed with both wet and snow performance. I got a chance to really test the snow performance this weekend (treated roads, untreated roads, untouched (~7" deep) parking lots). Overall very good - I would say ~95% of the performance of KO2s. Efficiency hasn't been the best though - I would say somewhere between a 10% and 15% range hit, but it has been hard to measure and offset for temp changes as well. That said, I was hoping for better and am eager to see how these test out.

Sponsored

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
I have the non-ev version of these tires in stock size and love them. Minus the range loss that is, but that was expected. Going to try these tires next when the time comes.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'm desperate for new tires (60K) and been trying to get some since Oct, ordered defenders from costco when they came in they refused to install as they said they were rated only 115 not 116

seems hard to find tires for this truck so far,

those have a great look!
Costco has the Defenders that are rated at 116 now. Go get em.

Ford F-150 Lightning Toyo Open Country A/T EV tires released 1000024395

They also have the Costco version. Same tire. Different branding. A little cheaper.

Ford F-150 Lightning Toyo Open Country A/T EV tires released 1000024394

Mark Fox

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1948 F-1, 2019 F-150
Occupation
Retired

Flagpts

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger
So not really released yet, Toyo released a "press article only" Still waiting on release of tires.
Details matter..
Supposedly February for the first size, but they haven’t said what size that is. I’m guessing it’s a size for the Lightning since they’ve been using the Lightning in promo materials.

Debating waiting for these and replacing my stock tires vs buying a set of take-offs and running Nokians in the winter.

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Supposedly February for the first size, but they haven’t said what size that is. I’m guessing it’s a size for the Lightning since they’ve been using the Lightning in promo materials.

Debating waiting for these and replacing my stock tires vs buying a set of take-offs and running Nokians in the winter.
thats the only size that matters to me!!

Sponsored

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Costco has the Defenders that are rated at 116 now. Go get em.

1000024395.jpg

They also have the Costco version. Same tire. Different branding. A little cheaper.

1000024394.jpg
not in canada i am pretty sure

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Engineer

That info has been removed from their web site, but the original version of the site had a graphic that said the first size being released in February is LT275/60R20, aka a higher load range version of the stock Lariat size.

Mark Fox

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1948 F-1, 2019 F-150
Occupation
Retired

On the take off you worried about the weight of the truck vs what the take off rims
are rated at?

Flagpts

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger
On the take off you worried about the weight of the truck vs what the take off rims
are rated at?
As far as I’m aware (and I could be wrong), any lightning takeoff wheels would work. Gas F150 takeoffs wouldn’t meet the load requirements but maaaaaayyyyyy be fine as long as you’re not hauling or towing. At your own risk.
Sponsored