• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Toyo EV Optimized Truck tires coming next year

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm unfamiliar with this brand, but I'm intrigued. Will probably need new tires around the time these come out.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I wonder if these tires will be 3MPSF certified? The non-EV tires are, so these will probably be. Very interesting; they look great!

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
I can't wait to see these on Tyre Review against the non-EV-focused tires. I can't until next winter, so I will go with the Nokian Outpost nAT, which also claims to be "EV" approved.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Toyo Tires are great… can’t wait…

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I wonder if these tires will be 3MPSF certified? The non-EV tires are, so these will probably be. Very interesting; they look great!
Website says "Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake" so these are now on my list.

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
It will be VERY interesting to learn the range hit with these. Hopefully it will be minimal.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
The word "quiet" doesn't appear in their description of the tires. "AeroWing" is nebulous word salad. They look cool.

The all-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV is a cutting-edge EV-specific all-terrain replacement tire designed to increase the capability of today’s most popular EV trucks and SUVs. The innovative aerodynamic and rolling resistance features, such as a sidewall AeroWing™, advanced tread compound, and optimized tread pattern, address the unique vehicle requirements, like rapid acceleration, additional weight, and range efficiency. It also delivers exceptional off-road performance, confidence-inspiring on-road handling, and ride comfort – all while being equipped with Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake for all-weather driving confidence. The Open Country A/T III EV provides a significant upgrade to enhance your EV’s capability, appearance, and efficiency.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I have the non-EV 11.5x35 R17 on my truck and I love them. I am also running at like 70% of OEM range. Would love to get some of that range back.

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
They have a 1-5 scale at the bottom of the page comparing these to the non-EV version of the tire. EV version is listed as 5 for efficiency while non-EV is 3.5. It will be interesting to see how these work out in real world testing. It will be on my list when I eventually need new tires.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I'm unfamiliar with this brand, but I'm intrigued. Will probably need new tires around the time these come out.
I had a set of Toyo P295/45R18 tires on my 2000 SVT Lightning, and they wore and performed very well.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
They have a 1-5 scale at the bottom of the page comparing these to the non-EV version of the tire. EV version is listed as 5 for efficiency while non-EV is 3.5. It will be interesting to see how these work out in real world testing. It will be on my list when I eventually need new tires.
Not to mention that they maxed out the fuel efficiency rating with no deprecation of any other characteristic. Seems too good to be true.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
The word "quiet" doesn't appear in their description of the tires. "AeroWing" is nebulous word salad. They look cool.
The tread "looks" like it would not be a quiet ride.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
That's all fine and dandy but what I gleaned from the link is that HRE makes truck wheels now... and I wish I had em!
Sponsored