• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Train ride to NorCal

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Well, pushed back yet again. Now showing 8/16 to 8/22. This is getting a little old

Fully expect to be there with you....

Didn't think it was possible given my intial date was 7/23, but trending to the point my rate expires on 8/22 before I get the truck.

Even though futile, might call Ford today to see if I can get more info... My dealer isn't proactive enough to investigate... I'm starting to think ford didn't sign off on the truck and it's going to go back to Dearborn.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150

Didn't think it was possible given my intial date was 7/23, but trending to the point my rate expires on 8/22 before I get the truck.

Even though futile, might call Ford today to see if I can get more info... My dealer isn't proactive enough to investigate... I'm starting to think ford didn't sign off on the truck and it's going to go back to Dearborn.
1-2 more days man! Have faith! I think your today and I'm tomorrow

Sponsored

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter

This is an interesting process. I guess I'm probably on the same delivery plan as you. Better late than never kinda applies. People will be ordering 2023 before we get ours. That would be frustrating except it's hard to be upset when they have to pay 10k more. At least when yours gets here they will be Pros at the PDI and get it through quickly and accurately. Happy thoughts, you will be driving it this weekend. Me on the other hand, will be continuing my camping trip up the California and Oregon coast in a minivan instead of the all new and exhilarating electric Ford F150 Lightning! On the plus side, there are ev chargers in a lot more places than I would have thought. Makes me feel much more comfortable about making this trip again in my Lightning.
Maybe after this long in Vegas ford gets a long term storage discount for our trucks and thus is in no hurry to deliver now. As if they were before.

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X

I know it is completely a first world problem. We have nice cars to drive and it isn't even my truck, its my wife's. But it is frustrating having these dates change 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Even if it is by a few days a time, it does make it difficult to plan all the logistics around changing cars.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150

I'm doing what we both know won't help.. I'm on the phone with Ford asking why my Truck has been in a parking lot for 21 days... 11 hours from me.

I assume they will say that don't know anything more but f it, lol, thought I would try

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
I'm doing what we both know won't help.. I'm on the phone with Ford asking why my Truck has been in a parking lot for 21 days... 11 hours from me.

I assume they will say that don't know anything more but f it, lol, thought I would try
Nothing new 😞

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Didn't think it was possible, but I signed a "binding" contract to buy a Rivian before a Lightning. But, I don't expect an opportunity to buy a Rivian until Q2 Next Year :)

Just keeping options open down the line incase someone really wants to overpay for my XLT and I think a Rivian's size could work (found it to be a little too small on my test drive).

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Didn't think it was possible, but I signed a "binding" contract to buy a Rivian before a Lightning. But, I don't expect an opportunity to buy a Rivian until Q2 Next Year :)

Just keeping options open down the line incase someone really wants to overpay for my XLT and I think a Rivian's size could work (found it to be a little too small on my test drive).

Yeah, I am actually going to sign the contract for the Lightning today. Its unclear when the MSRP cap or income cap kicks in so I'd rather be safe. I assume this bill if it passes the house will be signed in to law quickly. We have a second Rivian reservation for my in-laws that I guess we'll have to sign that one too. Ugh...

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Yeah, I am actually going to sign the contract for the Lightning today.
Lucky, my dealer won't let me sign anything until the Truck comes. I'm not concerned about the bill coming for the lightning, it won't impact me. Just wanted to speed up the buying process and get the official numbers to my credit union so they can pay as quickly as possible when it does arrive.
Sponsored