• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Train ride to NorCal

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Are going through the online checkout? I didn’t have that as an option because mine said “shipped” until two days after the purchase.

No, I'll go in and check with them just in case they can come close to my interest rate. You said they offered a good rate, we'll see what they have.
Sponsored

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
Just saw an Anti-Matter Blue in Novato on Grant. Was that anyone here?

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting, Porsche Carrera T, F150, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Retired
Just saw an Anti-Matter Blue in Novato on Grant. Was that anyone here?
It will make someone very happy. I had high expectations for my Lightning Lariat and it has surpassed all of my expectations. It is an excellent truck!

Last edited:

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Going in tomorrow at 1pm to pick the truck up.

Have financing at 2.65%, we'll see what they offer just to make things more seamless (would need to bring contract back to credit union to get payment reviewed and processed). CoyoteJim said their rates were good and they said they get better rate than ford offers publicly due to their sales volume.

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
Question for you all that have taken delivery: did your dealer refund your reservation and deposit or did they just subtract it from the purchase price? Mine refunded me, which I thought was weird…but just wanted to see how others did it?

Sponsored
OP
OP

DroopyHippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Question for you all that have taken delivery: did your dealer refund your reservation and deposit or did they just subtract it from the purchase price? Mine refunded me, which I thought was weird…but just wanted to see how others did it?

They refunded my deposit.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Question for you all that have taken delivery: did your dealer refund your reservation and deposit or did they just subtract it from the purchase price?
They refunded my reservation deposit ($100) when I switched dealers, then they took $500 for order deposit, but forgot to credit that back to me until I pointed it out at purchase, at which point they deducted it from the amount I owed, along with $100 for the overcharge on destination/delivery.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
.... along with $100 for the overcharge on destination/delivery.
You got the Destination & Delivery price protected and got the $100 ?

I had an argument with mine and ended up not getting it back.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Report back from dealer:

Fairly straightforward purchase.

Longer than I wanted to be there. Took a solid 3 hours and a half hours. Slower compared to my Ioniq 5, they had everything more prepared and it was all digital. My 4 y/old insisted on coming, and that was a bad decision to let her. Said she'd be good and listen, didn't last long and got bored.

Only two annoying dealer components:

1. Pushed ford financing, story about needing to do it to make money. Seemed to suggest 5% was their best rate up front. I declined and stayed with my 2.6% financing. But later when I got to the actual financing guy, he had a local random credit union waiting for me with 2.4%, I used them to make it more seamless (mine was going to require more work to get a check). Rate was low because of how much I was paying down.

2. Financing guy pushed extended warranty hard. I got tired of arguing with him and after $1500 off, and saying I could remove and get a refund in 30 days if I wanted to, I agreed. Didn't come in with a strong yes or no, but knew I could get it somewhere else after purchase for basically cost. Will look into it another day as I need hours, maybe days, of research to make decisions of this nature.

Got the $750 CA rebate, and $500 off for deposit without issue. Was already refunded intial $100 deposit when I changed dealers early on. I wasn't even going to bother with the $100 delivery fee adjustment, but since financing guy annoyed me, I said take it off... After some internal conv. , they couldn't figure it out and just took off $100, b/c it was just $100 dollars off a 57k truck...

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Report back from dealer:

Fairly straightforward purchase.

Longer than I wanted to be there. Took a solid 3 hours and a half hours. Slower compared to my Ioniq 5, they had everything more prepared and it was all digital. My 4 y/old insisted on coming, and that was a bad decision to let her. Said she'd be good and listen, didn't last long and got bored.

Only two annoying dealer components:

1. Pushed ford financing, story about needing to do it to make money. Seemed to suggest 5% was their best rate up front. I declined and stayed with my 2.6% financing. But later when I got to the actual financing guy, he had a local random credit union waiting for me with 2.4%, I used them to make it more seamless (mine was going to require more work to get a check). Rate was low because of how much I was paying down.

2. Financing guy pushed extended warranty hard. I got tired of arguing with him and after $1500 off, and saying I could remove and get a refund in 30 days if I wanted to, I agreed. Didn't come in with a strong yes or no, but knew I could get it somewhere else after purchase for basically cost. Will look into it another day as I need hours, maybe days, of research to make decisions of this nature.

Got the $750 CA rebate, and $500 off for deposit without issue. Was already refunded intial $100 deposit when I changed dealers early on. I wasn't even going to bother with the $100 delivery fee adjustment, but since financing guy annoyed me, I said take it off... After some internal conv. , they couldn't figure it out and just took off $100, b/c it was just $100 dollars off a 57k truck...
Why aren't people getting $2000 rebate? My dealer said the lightning qualifies for $2000

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Why aren't people getting $2000 rebate? My dealer said the lightning qualifies for $2000
They lowered the income cap in February. So even though the vehicle qualifies a lot of people buying them won’t.

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
Maybe tomorrow I'll get mine. Probably not. I guess someone has to be last. Taking orders for 2023 pro's, how bout you deliver the ones ordered on Jan 6th. At least your setting up the 2023's with a realistic delivery window of over a year. Dammit Ford!

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard

The 2k cvrp rebate is something you mail in, it's not at the dealer.

Like others said, they did recently adjust it to 200k income limit (combined). Wife and I where barely under for last text year and will exceed it this year. So we can claim it.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Maybe tomorrow I'll get mine. Probably not. I guess someone has to be last. Taking orders for 2023 pro's, how bout you deliver the ones ordered on Jan 6th. At least your setting up the 2023's with a realistic delivery window of over a year. Dammit Ford!
Well Sir, it's you or I.

If mine isn't here today I'm in a pickle

Yours really should be before mine but man... I'm still kinda shocked my Truck has been on Vegas for 25 days already... feels long... feels 👎

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Picture time:

Ford F-150 Lightning Train ride to NorCal 1660580881008

Baby blu and big blu.

Child seat setup in the bed; don't want to dirty my interior.

Thought my charging cable would reach, but it doesn't :( It's just around the corner by the brick. Have 2 feet to spare with both cars in driveway together (my garage is in the back of my house, so it's not used for cars). don't like parking on streets b/c powerlines are overhead and birds hang out there and shit on my cars all day.

Now that I got a chance to review the Truck in daylight at multiple angles, there are a few imperfections (along w/ the one already Id'ed at the deaer). Scuffs on the passenger B pillar that needs just the right light to see, a dust nib in the paint on the tailgate; and previously noted @ dealer was seemingly some paint overspray on some rubber under the windshield.
Sponsored