• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Train ride to NorCal

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Picture time:

1660580881008.png

Baby blu and big blu.

Child seat setup in the bed; don't want to dirty my interior.

Thought my charging cable would reach, but it doesn't :( It's just around the corner by the brick. Have 2 feet to spare with both cars in driveway together (my garage is in the back of my house, so it's not used for cars). don't like parking on streets b/c powerlines are overhead and birds hang out there and shit on my cars all day.

Now that I got a chance to review the Truck in daylight at multiple angles, there are a few imperfections (along w/ the one already Id'ed at the deaer). Scuffs on the passenger B pillar that needs just the right light to see, a dust nib in the paint on the tailgate; and previously noted @ dealer was seemingly some paint overspray on some rubber under the windshield.
How you like driving it?

Happy for u dude
Sponsored

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Well Sir, it's you or I.

If mine isn't here today I'm in a pickle

Yours really should be before mine but man... I'm still kinda shocked my Truck has been on Vegas for 25 days already... feels long... feels đź‘Ž

I’m still waiting too!!!

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting, Porsche Carrera T, F150, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Retired
Picture time:

1660580881008.png

Baby blu and big blu.

Thought my charging cable would reach, but it doesn't :( It's just around the corner by the brick. Have 2 feet to spare with both cars in driveway together (my garage is in the back of my house, so it's not used for cars). don't like parking on streets b/c powerlines are overhead and birds hang out there and shit on my cars all day.

Now that I got a chance to review the Truck in daylight at multiple angles, there are a few imperfections (along w/ the one already Id'ed at the deaer). Scuffs on the passenger B pillar that needs just the right light to see, a dust nib in the paint on the tailgate; and previously noted @ dealer was seemingly some paint overspray on some rubber under the windshield.
I have also had a chance to look over my truck in detail and I managed to escape any imperfections other than the seating surface of the driver seat has a couple of creases in the material and is much looser fitting than it should be.

I hope that I am wrong, but I expect that this will become an issue as time goes on. To be perfectly honest, while the material on the seats look nice, I am skeptical how long they will look good. In my opinion, it is a step down from the leather seats in my 2018 F150 Lariat.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Picture time:

1660580881008.png

Baby blu and big blu.

Looks really nice! Fyi, I had the same issue and bought this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YD2LBZW
no overheating or problems so far. Kinda pricey but the company listed a refurbished one for $70, they may again.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Looks really nice! Fyi, I had the same issue and bought this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YD2LBZW
no overheating or problems so far. Kinda pricey but the company listed a refurbished one for $70, they may again.
My Charger is rated above that cable specs :)

I think if it annoys me enough, I have enough space to double the width of my driveway (driveway is end of life anyways).

If You have SMUD, i noticed this charging pilot program: https://www.ford.com/grid/smud

I'll probably sign up. Doesn't seem to have a downside for me. I would probably always charge when they want me too anyways. And...

How do I override a charge schedule managed by Ford?
If you need to charge now in order to leave sooner than expected, you can override the schedule by texting OVERRIDE to 75604.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Developer
My Charger is rated above that cable specs :)

I think if it annoys me enough, I have enough space to double the width of my driveway (driveway is end of life anyways).

If You have SMUD, i noticed this charging pilot program: https://www.ford.com/grid/smud

I'll probably sign up. Doesn't seem to have a downside for me. I would probably always charge when they want me too anyways. And...

How do I override a charge schedule managed by Ford?
If you need to charge now in order to leave sooner than expected, you can override the schedule by texting OVERRIDE to 75604.
Hmm...not sure about "pilot" because I think that's the same system I signed up for with SMUD in 2019 when we got the model 3. But you do get a reduced rate at night for charging and some cash toward a wall box charger installation. I think technically I'm still in that program although I don't use it the same way anymore because I had a Tesla solar/powerwall system installed and the rate changed to a solar/battery rate. But the midnight to noon is still the cheapest rate. (If I charge during the day it's straight off of solar so there is no rate).

I've had a lot of problems setting up the charge schedule for my house, but I think I finally have it right. I haven't done it yet, but I thought I saw a choice that pops up when you plug in where you chose "charge now" or per the schedule.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Hmm...not sure about "pilot" because I think that's the same system I signed up for with SMUD in 2019 when we got the model 3.
Different program, this one looks to adjust the charge schedule based on demand (e.g., if you're charging @ 6PM mid-summer, they will stop you). Not sure why someone would want to charge then... I signed up, why not. You get $150 bucks and then $20 a quarter you are enrolled. That almost pays for my monthly "gas" bill, if I had one... Right now, my solar is covering all my electrify and I have a $200 credit I'll likely go through the remainder of this year with 2 EVs now.

It's tied to your Truck, so any other EVs won't be impacted.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
I have also had a chance to look over my truck in detail and I managed to escape any imperfections other than the seating surface of the driver seat has a couple of creases in the material and is much looser fitting than it should be.

I hope that I am wrong, but I expect that this will become an issue as time goes on. To be perfectly honest, while the material on the seats look nice, I am skeptical how long they will look good. In my opinion, it is a step down from the leather seats in my 2018 F150 Lariat.
This is a problem and was pointed out by TFL I believe

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Developer
Different program, this one looks to adjust the charge schedule based on demand (e.g., if you're charging @ 6PM mid-summer, they will stop you). Not sure why someone would want to charge then... I signed up, why not. You get $150 bucks and then $20 a quarter you are enrolled. That almost pays for my monthly "gas" bill, if I had one... Right now, my solar is covering all my electrify and I have a $200 credit I'll likely go through the remainder of this year with 2 EVs now.

It's tied to your Truck, so any other EVs won't be impacted.
You have to be plugged in the whole time your vehicle is at home, which won't work for me since I'm juggling two vehicles on the same charger. Also, It's unclear how, between Ford communicating with SMUD, they can determine that the Tesla app has decided to let the car charge completely off solar or powerwall during peak hours.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
You have to be plugged in the whole time your vehicle is at home, which won't work for me since I'm juggling two vehicles on the same charger. Also, It's unclear how, between Ford communicating with SMUD, they can determine that the Tesla app has decided to let the car charge completely off solar or powerwall during peak hours.
Will see how it goes, and if it gets annoying, will just unenroll and walk away with $150; will pay for a Lightning accessory :p

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting, Porsche Carrera T, F150, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Retired
This is a problem and was pointed out by TFL I believe
I just found the TFL video and watched it. They have creases in virtually the exact spot as mine on the driver side seating surface. Fortunately I don't have any creases in any other seating surface. Obviously the driver seat on their Lightning after 10K miles looks much worse than mine with only about 100 miles on it, but I suspect that this will become an issue :(.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
At this point I think the Monsoon washed my truck away & it's lost in the Desert in Nevada

I'll have to find another vehicle..

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Such a weird update... Why not do 08/16 -8/19 or 8/16-8/22??? Why move it a whole 4 days?

I HATE that it gives me optimism for the week...

Ford F-150 Lightning Train ride to NorCal Capture.PNG

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Such a weird update... Why not do 08/16 -8/19 or 8/16-8/22??? Why move it a whole 4 days?

I HATE that it gives me optimism for the week...

Capture.PNG

Sadly, that has happed to me a few times. As of now, mine is still 8/16-8/22. If Ford can't get my truck to me, let me go to my truck! It'll save them some money and me some stress!
Sponsored