• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I have to purchase mine before the end of October in order to keep my rate locked in at 2.29. Doesn't seem likely given what everyone else is going through.

I did get the assembly line picture this morning, though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Update as of this morning, some of the later build weeks are getting delivered before the ones in early-mid August. Almost everyone is past their current delivery window at this point. 🤷‍♂️

Praying you all receive your vehicles soon!

Ford F-150 Lightning Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries California Shipments October 10-13

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
@metroshot rail tracking and Ford Chat have shown it at Mira Loma since 9/11. It's been sitting at the final rail yard for over a month now. When I call the dealer, they say it's up to corporate to schedule the convoy and when I chat with corporate they say dealer should have more info on why it's been sitting there for over a month. It's pretty frustrating, especially with rates going up.
It's up to the 3rd party delivery / logistics company that Ford contracted with.

That's where your $1795 D/D fee is going.

I'd contact Ford and have them give you the transport / logistics company that is involved.

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Finally! No, not truck delivery. :confused: But I got my production photo.

Ford F-150 Lightning Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries Final Inspection Photo

Sweet! Unfortunately, that's probably where it has been parked for two months.

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
It's up to the 3rd party delivery / logistics company that Ford contracted with.

That's where your $1795 D/D fee is going.

I'd contact Ford and have them give you the transport / logistics company that is involved.
@metroshot I reached out to Ford chat and they said they don't have convoy data. All they could provide is that is shipped via Union Pacific and the ETA.

Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Another week and another delay. 11/2-11/8 now. Really don't understand why it takes almost two months to set up a convoy from the final rail yard.

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is that going backward or still forward progress?
No idea. It went from Blu Island, IL to KS and was supposed to head west from there but instead went up north to MN and then back to KS as of the 9th and that's the last info as of this morning (Ford's VVR still thinks it's sitting in Blu Island--I'm getting this updated information from someone who can trace the car).

It still and always has been "heading to San Diego" so I don't know whether it's actually closer to me or not. Could be back up north for all I know :(

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
No idea. It went from Blu Island, IL to KS and was supposed to head west from there but instead went up north to MN and then back to KS as of the 9th and that's the last info as of this morning (Ford's VVR still thinks it's sitting in Blu Island--I'm getting this updated information from someone who can trace the car).

It still and always has been "heading to San Diego" so I don't know whether it's actually closer to me or not. Could be back up north for all I know :(
Might be changing rail lines due to embargo or track issues.
Normally San Diego gets serviced by BNSF.
Might be switching to UP or Southern.

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Fyi guys. My rail car has been sitting in San Diego. I reached out to Ford marketing, the dealer and I also mentioned @Ford Motor Company to see if any movement can happen. I'm pretty sure you guys are sitting with me.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Fyi guys. My rail car has been sitting in San Diego. I reached out to Ford marketing, the dealer and I also mentioned @Ford Motor Company to see if any movement can happen. I'm pretty sure you guys are sitting with me.
So yours is on the BNSF line ?

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm currently rating my chances of receiving my truck this month and retaining my finance rate lock at near zero. Ford doesn't even bother updating my ETA anymore--it's still stuck at 9/17-9/23.

So yours is on the BNSF line ?
I believe every truck from Ford comes to SoCal via BNSF. We still don't know, however, whether we're all on the same line waiting at the same time. The forum member who works on BNSF has been the only person able to give me any updates (Ford still thinks the truck is in Blue Island and my dealership doesn't call me back anymore) but I don't want to keep bugging him every week.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Call Bnsf with your car number. The guy was super helpull.

*edit*

Sorry I didn't see the second paragraph. Yeah thats basicly my situation too. Once I found out Ford said it hasn't updated, they could only put a request in to update my delivery status. I emailed my sales people for the 4th time ever and it seems like they were annoyed. They asked how I knew about the train car so I told them. However they said they had no control. It's in the hands of last mile. I was google map searching vehicle delivery companies around the train yard on Friday at 430pm. I didn't find the company who does the logistics. I plan to call around again tomorrow morning. I'm gonna try to make something move.
Sponsored

Last edited: