• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
.....believe every truck from Ford comes to SoCal via BNSF. We still don't know, however, whether we're all on the same line waiting at the same time. The forum member who works on BNSF has been the only person able to give me any updates (Ford still thinks the truck is in Blue Island and my dealership doesn't call me back anymore) but I don't want to keep bugging him every week.
Not with my Lightning.

My dealer is in Orange County and mine came in from UP (Union Pacific) after transferring from Canadian Railways in IL.

UP was used after the BNSF embargo & rail track washout from the previous month where @F150ROD had his BNSF shipment delayed for weeks.

I got very lucky with zero delays on UP - 14 days from MI to CA was amazingly fast plus the trucking company that delivered to the dealer in a day.
Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
UP was used after the BNSF embargo & rail track washout from the previous month where @F150ROD had his BNSF shipment delayed for weeks.
Yeah, there are a lot of variables working against us currently and I seem to have stated that more definitively than you did in post #55 but we basically agree. :)

Speaking less generally, from what I've seen the handful of us still waiting in this thread have BNSF car numbers. Whether they're actually traveling on a BNSF owned track or if the car is being pulled by a BNSF engine I don't know--but the ridiculous point is that no one seems to know including the BNSF employee I've been corresponding with about our cars!

I was really into trains growing up but that interest didn't make it into an adult hobby so whenever I read about trains now it feels like I know less than before I started. Reading up on the pending strike was/has been an eye opener for sure.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Mine was on BNSF but I could only track it using Norfolk Southern Rail. Using BNSF, it told me my tail car didn’t exist or that it was released March 2022 :ROFLMAO:. For anyone having issues tracking with the rai car number given try Norfolk Southern.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Call Bnsf with your car number. The guy was super helpull.
Do you mind sharing the phone number you used? Whenever I call in I'm told they can only release information to the "customer" (shipper).

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Do you mind sharing the phone number you used? Whenever I call in I'm told they can only release information to the "customer" (shipper).
8884282673 bnsf

I also called around and found the last mile delivery in San Diego ( for some ford dealers) its Pasha group. I spoke with front desk and told him my situation and he said another guy was looking for a Ram truck. He said he couldn't find his vin or mine in the "system" to call back at noon.

I hope someone at Bnsf or ford clicks the right buttons so they can see the truck..

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
8884282673 bnsf

I also called around and found the last mile delivery in San Diego ( for some ford dealers) its Pasha group. I spoke with front desk and told him my situation and he said another guy was looking for a Ram truck. He said he couldn't find his vin or mine in the "system" to call back at noon.

I hope someone at Bnsf or ford clicks the right buttons so they can see the truck..
I can't get any info. Every option I pick after dialing that number requests my name and PIN. Do you remember which options you selected? I tried saying "car trace" and selecting intermodal and every other option that seemed to make sense but no joy.

I called Pasha, too, but he wasn't sure if they delivered to my dealership and remembered talking to you yesterday (I think--he said, yeah someone called yesterday but I can't find anything in the system) and gave me this number 415-927-6458, which seemed like it's their company's main info number.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I can't get any info. Every option I pick after dialing that number requests my name and PIN. Do you remember which options you selected? I tried saying "car trace" and selecting intermodal and every other option that seemed to make sense but no joy.

I called Pasha, too, but he wasn't sure if they delivered to my dealership and remembered talking to you yesterday (I think--he said, yeah someone called yesterday but I can't find anything in the system) and gave me this number 415-927-6458, which seemed like it's their company's main info number.
I forget. I know I hit 0 at some point

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
@ExCivilian . Can you try to activate your ford pass? See if you get same error message. If you do then it's most likely sitting in the train car.

Ford F-150 Lightning Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries Screenshot_20221024-105950_FordPass

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hmmm, I didn't get that error but I ended up with something completely different.

When I tried to activate it, the app told me the feature wasn't available. Then when I returned to the app to compare that error message with the one you posted above, it told me that I'd signed in to the app with that vehicle before and would I like to try to activate it again or reuse the previous data...

So I clicked reuse data and then it spun for a few minutes and eventually ended up at: Activation Error

Let's fix this:
park in an open area
start vehicle
enable in-vehicle connection services

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Yeah. So I'm thinking your inside the railcar as well. It's a Faraday cage not letting signal through

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
O my..

So I got impatient and called my sales person. ( I was really nice) I got scolded for trying to activate the ford pass. They claim that a truck got stuck in mira loma because the buyer did this... Ford corporate thought the truck was delivered and marked it as such, which screwed with the pickup and transfer. So it sat for over a month.

They got the point that I'm getting itchy and they claim they put a rush on it.

I guess I'll be a good little boy and wait patiently now....

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They claim that a truck got stuck in mira loma because the buyer did this... Ford corporate thought the truck was delivered and marked it as such, which screwed with the pickup and transfer. So it sat for over a month.
That sounds like a whole buncha bullshit :)

Anyway, the dealership I chose is out east in the desert in El Centro.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
That sounds like a whole buncha bullshit :)

Anyway, the dealership I chose is out east in the desert in El Centro.
Yeah that's what I thought too. Many of the early builds did this just fine.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Lol….”why did you activate Ford Pass, we have a potential buyer :ROFLMAO:“
Sponsored