• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Play nicely folks, let's try NOT getting our pantie's in a wad as the conversation continues, otherwise my thread locking keys are at the ready.

Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Well, at least we will eventually see some publicly accessible data on this truck’s performance 👍👍

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Makes sense. Sneaking up on this dude with an EV is much easier than with a V8. Cost less too.

Ford F-150 Lightning US Forest Service is transitioning 17,000 ICE vehicles to EV -- starting with small fleet of F-150 Lightning [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1670264631791

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This should somehow benefit all of us eventually right? It should expose the lack of Charging Infrastructure or at least get us more places to charge especially for those who like camping or hauling that trailer

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I think it will lead to some employees really liking their work EV and maybe get one after their experience with it. Or, get a different EV.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This should somehow benefit all of us eventually right? It should expose the lack of Charging Infrastructure or at least get us more places to charge especially for those who like camping or hauling that trailer
That was my first thought when I saw this announcement.

My next thoughts were that it probably makes the most environmental sense to a) get BEV trucks into the hands of fleets with high usage and b) put them in places where air and noise pollution from ICE vehicles would be most harmful (i.e. national parkland).

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
This morning I was going to share the advantages for other government services usage of EV's in particular the F150 Lightning, one of my former colleagues was a FCO at the IRS, which is a special type of auditor, a tool of their trade was a pickup truck to carry field testing equipment to remote audit sites.

An FCO is a Fuel Compliance Officer, they frequently work in concert with state commercial truck safety inspectors, at weight stations and roads side rest stops where space allows an operation.

The FCO engages with the driver to secure a fuel sample from the commercial vehicle under inspection for a random compliance test, he is looking for traces of dyed fuel in the tank of the truck

Dyed fuel ends up in the truck when the driver or truck owner takes on fuel from untaxed sources, ex. heating oil, off-road equipment fuel, farm fuel, etc.

Test is done on the spot with mobile lab testing, assessment of the civil penalty is done on the spot! It leads to tens of thousands of dollars in penalties when a hit is made.

The FCO also visits fuel distribution centers, testing is done at the drop rack to verify that dyed fuel is properly distributed to heating oil carriers, farm and off road machinery fuel delivery services, etc.

They carry quite a bit of safety and operational equipment and materials, which necessitates the need for half ton series truck, I would not be surprised if we read a future article from the inflammation media about Lightnings being used by the Service!!

Any of you old enough to remember the near collapse of Chrysler, might also recall the GSA buying and leasing an abundant number of K-cars in the day, at least I do.

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
Think of all the new charging places at EVERY federal facility.

ChrisInJAX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Escape
Wonder if the US Govt fleet purchases count towards the 200k limit, which then reduces the tax credit.