• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Vibration between 45-55 MPH

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
Hey everyone I’ve got 6k miles on my lariat ER now. Absolutely love it! I’ve been having a vibration at speeds between 45-55 MPH. When I took it in the dealer said they couldn’t feel anything. My thoughts were an unbalanced wheel but it’s not always constant. Sometimes it shakes/vibrates pretty noticeable but as soon as I speed up to 60 or so it’s fine. Other times it’s perfectly fine between 45-55. No this isn’t the auto lane assist that I’m referring to. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Hey everyone I’ve got 6k miles on my lariat ER now. Absolutely love it! I’ve been having a vibration at speeds between 45-55 MPH. When I took it in the dealer said they couldn’t feel anything. My thoughts were an unbalanced wheel but it’s not always constant. Sometimes it shakes/vibrates pretty noticeable but as soon as I speed up to 60 or so it’s fine. Other times it’s perfectly fine between 45-55. No this isn’t the auto lane assist that I’m referring to. Anyone else having this issue?
Is it in the same section of road by chance? My current truck has an obnoxious vibration at 55-60mph in a 2 mile stretch on a nearby highway. Been that way since day 1 and never went away.

OP
OP

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it in the same section of road by chance? My current truck has an obnoxious vibration at 55-60mph in a 2 mile stretch on a nearby highway. Been that way since day 1 and never went away.
No it’s not any particular road. It’s all over the place. It seems much worse when I accelerate faster to 45 mph. Generally if I accelerate very slowly to those speeds it never vibrates. But it’s tough because this truck is so smooth and quiet.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
I have the exact same problem, wondered if it was just me. Started about a week after getting my ‘22 Lariat.

OP
OP

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the exact same problem, wondered if it was just me. Started about a week after getting my ‘22 Lariat.
Hate to hear that. I’m gonna have them double check the balance on the wheels at my 10k appointment. If it’s still there I’m gonna make them ride with me. I’m thinking it’s not in the wheels though since it’s not a constant thing.

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll probably get mine in sooner for an alignment/balancing, hopefully will fix

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I took mine to the dealer, who said it’s not an alignment issue, and that their Lightning does the same thing, and they don’t know what to do about it.
Anyone here having any luck?

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I noticed it with my winter tires/wheels. I considered switching the rears back to the all seasons as an experiment. Maybe some time next week. If that resolves my vibration (seems to be in the 40s of mph) I will take the wheels back to the shop that installed and balanced them. Hopefully it is just a balance issue. I don't feel the vibration through the wheel, hopefully it is a rear wheel issue.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just have 500 miles on my 22 Lariat ER and haven't noticed it yet. I did have it on my 21 Powerboost and it was always very random. It was almost like you as the driver could feel it but no one else could.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I noticed that the Generals on my truck have a lot more balance weights on them than I've ever seen on a new vehicle. This problem may not to be out-of-balance, but weights can fall off.

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I noticed this consistently at 48 mph one time I had the bed loaded up with firewood. After unloaded I couldn’t reproduce it. I’m going to load it up again in a few weeks to see if it recurs.

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I just have 500 miles on my 22 Lariat ER and haven't noticed it yet. I did have it on my 21 Powerboost and it was always very random. It was almost like you as the driver could feel it but no one else could.
Man my 21 powerboost feels like a quarter bed from the sleezy hotels of the 70s. replaced the drive shaft twice im not sure what it is but anytime time gas is given when a downshift is needed the dreaded shudder :-(.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: mine seems related to air flow, mostly at 40-50mph, and a bit up to 55 or 60.

I have a GoFast Camper on, with a shower awning on the side. I told the shower awning off, and it is already much better.

I am going to get a much larger new wind fairing for the front leading edge of the camper, and see if that helps more. Will update here when it is installed.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
I'm guessing it's the air dam sliding in front of the tires and buffeting the air down there.
Sponsored