• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Thanks, Nikki!

Kind of a funny coincidence that yours was posted the day after I installed the same cover on mine. I ran my wires to the battery, though. Iā€™m having problems with a dashcam thatā€™s wired using one of those fuse taps. I donā€™t think thatā€™s the problem, but itā€™s pretty tough to screw it up coming from the battery.

Ford F-150 Lightning Video: How to Install a Retrax PowertraxPRO XR Tonneau Cover PXL_20240421_005927348_Original
Ford F-150 Lightning Video: How to Install a Retrax PowertraxPRO XR Tonneau Cover PXL_20240420_193945852_Original

BriRi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Had one of these on a Raptor but it leaked too much to be useful for hauling luggage or other sensitive cargo on trips etc. That was several years back so maybe they've improved. Please update with your experience after some use. Thanks.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
It's so crazy that Ford didn't put some sort of low voltage connectivity somewhere in the bed for things like this.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Where do you route the drain hose when your bed has a spray liner?

Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Folks, I have the same bed cover, (composite version). As soon as I took delivery of the truck, I installed it myself with my wife helping with instructions and setup. The folks from North Dakota were very helpful also. Since the cover was installed on a Lightning, (20 months ago), they wanted lots of pictures and a feedback of how the installation looked and any difficulties, if any during the installation process.
I was very helpful.
As I said above, I purchased the composite cover version. A bit lighter but it is only rated to 200lbs of weight on top of the cover versus the aluminum cover which can hold 400lbs. It is not watertight. Water does leak eventually in the bed. If you want your stuff to stay dry, purchase a cargo bag. The drain tubes need to point towards the forward corners of the truck bed. Water will drain out from the front of the bed. Do not drill holes into your bed. I also have the spray in liner, (factory done). The drain tubes are easily fall off when certain cargo which can fit under the rollup basket.
You can easily remount them again.
The cover may be a bit tight in the beginning, especially if you have other accessories utilizing the T rail system. Like I do. It will loosen up after a few months of constant use.
Check occasionally the mounting brackets for tightness or loose hardware.
Good Luck to anyone who goes ahead with this type of bed cover.
I like it very much.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I have the factory spray-in liner, and I drilled through the same front plugs that she used for the wiring. Itā€™s a tight fit with a 1/2ā€ hole, but I wanted to keep it as small as possible to make it easier to plug if I ever remove the cover. It takes a bit for the drill to punch through the liner, but itā€™s nowhere near as difficult as drilling through metal.

Ford F-150 Lightning Video: How to Install a Retrax PowertraxPRO XR Tonneau Cover IMG_1102

Last edited: