• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

OP
OP

Jer1983

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Electrician
Still a completely blank reservations page for me.... and I saw a different email from ford a few min ago about the lightning capabilities rather than wave 1 confirmation. Though my dealer has confirmed I'm in wave 1..... patience grasshopper, patience....
probably like my dealer confusing waves with model year
Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Selling to a pre-determined select group of people first would be more like advertising your house for sale at auction then after waiting and making plans to show up you find out they already sold to some big wig property developer . Jerk Move .

On another note , do we get an actual email for the invite or do they let you know on the reservation website ? I don't remember it saying it's time to order . If I can't actually order then why is it telling me it's time ?

Time to order.png
Looks like you're a lucky SOB! Mine still has the same "we'll let you know when it's time" message.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
probably like my dealer confusing waves with model year
My dealer won't even tell me what position I am in line. Ford needs to get rid of the dealer system this is a joke.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
My dealer won't even tell me what position I am in line. Ford needs to get rid of the dealer system this is a joke.
I asked mine about my place in line or if I'm wave one. They said they'll have to "check with management on if they've received word". This from the Internet Sales Manager.

I'm done.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I got a notice it's time to order when I logged in. But it goes nowhere yet. Just the standard reservation screen.

Hope is rising!

Edit: I didn't save a screenshot, now I am in doubt that I was seeing things :) it's only a 1 time notice.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I asked mine about my place in line or if I'm wave one. They said they'll have to "check with management on if they've received word". This from the Internet Sales Manager.

I'm done.
Yeah Tim at Long McArthur on YouTube has pulled up the list for his dealership and look at his on stream and mentioned it literally takes minutes to login and check Dealers are just lazy

Swankrain

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 lariat
I got a notice it's time to order when I logged in. But it goes nowhere yet. Just the standard reservation screen.

Hope is rising!

Edit: I didn't save a screenshot, now I am in doubt that I was seeing things :) it's only a 1 time notice.
I got that as well. Goes nowhere but I have hope.. 2nd time for me this morning.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] Screenshot_20220106-120610_Chrome

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Yeah Tim at Long McArthur on YouTube has pulled up the list for his dealership and look at his on stream and mentioned it literally takes minutes to login and check Dealers are just lazy
I know for a fact that it's possible, between many reports from people getting the info from their dealer and seeing a few dealership employees on this forum confirming it. That's the last straw for me.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I know for a fact that it's possible, between many reports from people getting the info from their dealer and seeing a few dealership employees on this forum confirming it. That's the last straw for me.
The way I found out was to print out the "How To" page (29) from the Playbook and gave it to the Sales Mgr. and showed him how to pull it up.

First Name
Bernhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineer

I'm done.
My internet sales manager is one of the most incompetent people I have met in years. Unfortunately.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
The way I found out was to print out the "How To" page (29) from the Playbook and gave it to the Sales Mgr. and showed him how to pull it up.
I hear you, and that makes sense, but unless they're gonna cut me a deal or start paying me to do their job, I'm not doing their job.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Nice that you get some response from your dealership. The people I speak to act like they have no interest in dealing with this right now. They just want to sell used cars. I even asked if I should order a Raptor or Super Duty instead, and they basically said "if you want." But I guarantee if I called about a 2015 truck they would be calling and texting me all day long.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ford can't do anything about it. Talk to your state level elected officials about changing dealership laws - and be prepared to donate more than the dealers and pay lots of lobbyists.
Sponsored