• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

dlong18074

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Platinum, 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
I would love it if Ford did at least one each wave for each dealership. But I am a bit biased sitting at number 5.
I would love this as well... I am #2 at my dealer.... when they called me a few weeks ago they also said they were only getting 5 MY22 trucks.... glad I am #2!

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Those who ordered a MME online and had a copy of their original price makeup were able to contact Mike Levine at Ford and he intervened to stop this dealer BS. There’s an entire thread about this on the MME forum.
There‘s a line item on the online pricing called “Adjustment to MSRP.” If that line was zero, it means no ADM and the dealer needs to honor that. Those who didn’t know about contacting Ford to intervene either paid the extra or walked away from the transaction. The dealers actually preferred the latter so they could sell off the lot with even more markup.
So here is my online order.. I submitted online, called my dealer (who had no idea sales were live) and made him accept my order right away so I don't miss out on my model..this is what shows up on my order now. So what ur saying is they can't add any markup now that they accepted my order, and the line shows $0 and dealer selling price same as MSRP?

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] Screenshot_20220106-225215_Chrome

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I’m reservation 10816***, ordered within 5 minutes of reservations opening. Just found out I’m #11 out of 65 or so reservations at my dealership. Total BS. Waiting to hear back his I’m so low on the list.

Anyone know if I switch to another dealer if I lose my place in line?

Update: there appears to be no line with Ford. Will I be last on list at new dealership?
My dealership has 70 reservations...I kept emailing them for the past few months and they have been clueless about everything... they didn't even know orders were going live today until I submitted mine online. When I talked to the their internet order manager and educated him about this site as well, he thanked me for the info and put me in their number one priority spot.. he said I was originally the 9th spot in reservation order. Nice guy I will buy him a bottle when I get my truck with no funny business lol.

OP
OP

Jer1983

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Electrician
I got bumped up because my dealer said he liked my enthusiasm ??‍♂. Probably wants the maverick I ordered but I’m likely #5 of 5 and I won’t be able to get an xlt so I’ll just drive that till next year I guess.

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I was 10817***, had reservation in 3 mins before presentation started
Order numbers are not entirely sequential... Already a big thread on that. My order is 10814*** and I was in within a minute or two of the reservations going online. I placed another order with a different dealership for my company a few minutes later and that order # is 10813*** so whatever..
Of course they do that so we (or the competition) can't assess and track such things.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just got an email from Ford that dealership has changed ownership and my deposit will be refunded. I don’t see reservation under my account either. Will call FoMoCo tomorrow to see what the F is going on… here I was expecting wave 1 or 2 Invite and now can’t find the reservation….?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Just got an email from Ford that dealership has changed ownership and my deposit will be refunded. I don’t see reservation under my account either. Will call FoMoCo tomorrow to see what the F is going on… here I was expecting wave 1 or 2 Invite and now can’t find the reservation….?
Sorry to hear about this… that’s not right.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I got the email earlier, then a pop up on my FordPass app. Going to order the pro I think.

LightingTroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Same thing happened to me a week ago. I called Ford and they said there is a glitch in the system when dealers are sold and it doesn't show up online. But they confirmed everything was good on thier end. I also got the email today but cant order online because of this issue. So i need to go into the dealer to do it. I assumed this would be the case so it was expected.

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
So the consensus is that one lucky s.o.b got an invite per dealership to test the system.. (regardless of reservation spot). So i'm trying to figure it out.. how many of you lucky ones attended the lightning event that went around the country giving test drives earlier last year? I attended and they had my info..maybe since I attended the event, I got picked to be part of first wave, even though I wasn't first in my dealers list?

Seageo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60, ID.4
So the consensus is that one lucky s.o.b got an invite per dealership to test the system.. (regardless of reservation spot). So i'm trying to figure it out.. how many of you lucky ones attended the lightning event that went around the country giving test drives earlier last year? I attended and they had my info..maybe since I attended the event, I got picked to be part of first wave, even though I wasn't first in my dealers list?
my dealer didn't even get an allocation apparently...

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I went and didn’t get an invite

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Reserved immediately on 5/19 and worked closely with the small local Ford dealer in Michigan. Luckily, I showed them how the mach E worked and fed them data along the way. Ended up being their first reservation and helped them with all the updates we received such as the playbook.

Checked my reservation around 4:50 p.m. EST and was able to order my truck. Didn't receive any notification from Ford that it was ready until a text message at 6:30 p.m. EST. Dealer has already responded that they got my build and will be in touch shortly before it's submitted on their end.

I should luck out on ADM as they don't charge it on their Broncos or Mavericks. Good luck everyone!

Ordered: Lightning Pro, carbonized grey, tech towing package, 9.6kwh pro power on board and spray in bed liner.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] Screenshot_20220106-170256~2