• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully waiting for the email, noticed that my reservation page on Ford.com no longer says it is for a 2022. It actually no longer shows a year at all. That could be a bad omen. :rolleyes:
No email yet. Oh well, perhaps in a couple of weeks. :cry:

JSJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Model Y and Lightning on order
Is everyone in this current wave who extended their reservation earlier this year getting MY22 prices?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Is everyone in this current wave who extended their reservation earlier this year getting MY22 prices?
That is my understanding.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 2 order invitation emails being delivered. PRO trim unavailable. 1661470451621

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yes, the only thing they don't seem to be honoring is the free mobile charger for the SR folks.

Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
I was on the first order wave for the 23 models and I ordered a Pro. However, Ford was pushing the XLT model hard. You can get the XLT this year. The 2023 Pro models will not be delivered until fall of 2023.

The Pro are an extra year weight compared to the XLT. I suspect Ford did that to get buyers to upsell to the XLT model and to have time to put in the lithium iron phosphate battery packs in the Pro as they are cheaper.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Yes, the only thing they don't seem to be honoring is the free mobile charger for the SR folks.
I have been wondering about that but have not seen anything concrete either way. I added it predicting it will be discounted but know it is a gamble.

JSJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Model Y and Lightning on order
I received an email yesterday to order but it doesn’t mention MY22 pricing, when I go to order it’s MY23 pricing which charges me $500 for the mobile charger and I can’t tell if I’ll be under the 80k for the new tax credit (assuming delivery is delayed until 2023). My dealer is clueless, called ford, they said I’m eligible for the special offer which would be $8500 off the lariat ER. So if I remove the charger and add max towing, that would be 79,619 (88,119-8500). Anyone else in a similar boat?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
I received an email yesterday to order but it doesn’t mention MY22 pricing, when I go to order it’s MY23 pricing which charges me $500 for the mobile charger and I can’t tell if I’ll be under the 80k for the new tax credit (assuming delivery is delayed until 2023). My dealer is clueless, called ford, they said I’m eligible for the special offer which would be $8500 off the lariat ER. So if I remove the charger and add max towing, that would be 79,619 (88,119-8500). Anyone else in a similar boat?
Not exactly in your same position as I could have ordered the Lariat ER a long time ago and held out for the XLT but after chatting with the rep at my dealer it was clear to me that they won't know what the final price will be until Ford tells them. My suspicion is that isn't until the window sticker is created but that is complete guess. This is new territory for everyone. I'm with @Granger Ford and trust them honor their "$1000 under invoice" deal and trust Ford to honor their 2022 MSRP commitment.

As for you concern with staying under the new cap, I was under the impression it didn't matter if the sale completed in 2022 as you could still use the old rules. It's all very unclear however and understand your concerns.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Not exactly in your same position as I could have ordered the Lariat ER a long time ago and held out for the XLT but after chatting with the rep at my dealer it was clear to me that they won't know what the final price will be until Ford tells them. My suspicion is that isn't until the window sticker is created but that is complete guess. This is new territory for everyone. I'm with @Granger Ford and trust them honor their "$1000 under invoice" deal and trust Ford to honor their 2022 MSRP commitment.

As for you concern with staying under the new cap, I was under the impression it didn't matter if the sale completed in 2022 as you could still use the old rules. It's all very unclear however and understand your concerns.
My dealer very specifically told me, in writing, that Ford will be giving an instant rebate on the purchase price for MY23 for the difference in price between MY22 and MY23. It would be at time of sale.

Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
My dealer very specifically told me, in writing, that Ford will be giving an instant rebate on the purchase price for MY23 for the difference in price between MY22 and MY23. It would be at time of sale.
Ford needs to discount the purchase price not proxide a rebate or Exclusive Cash Reward/PCO. Rebates and other cash offers are taxable in many states.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ford needs to discount the purchase price not proxide a rebate or Exclusive Cash Reward/PCO. Rebates and other cash offers are taxable in many states.
That's a good point!

Luckily I live in Oregon (no tax). So aside from the $7k rebate I get from Ford, I also get a $7.5k POS Tax rebate, and whatever the Federal figure will be.

My Pro will be under $32k out the door.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The problem with that is I don't think Ford can have 2 SKU's for the same vehicle for MY23. MSRP is MSRP.

They technically don't even need to honor the price. Look what other EV companies are doing...they are just canceling preorders or telling their customers they are SOL.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
The problem with that is I don't think Ford can have 2 SKU's for the same vehicle for MY23. MSRP is MSRP.

They technically don't even need to honor the price. Look what other EV companies are doing...they are just canceling preorders or telling their customers they are SOL.
All Ford has to do is provide a dealer incentive to be used on the deferred orders not a retail rebate or PCO.

Last edited:

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Tepid response here on the forums to wave 2. Where is everybody?? Anybody lock in a sweet XLT?
I would guess there were substantially more people who extended for a Pro than an XLT, for several reasons:

-Pro is substantially cheaper, despite little difference in features/functionality
-Pro was available for fewer waves than the XLT
-People hoping for Pro would probably be less likely to jump up to a Lariat when their preferred trim was unavailable vs people who were planning on XLT.

So, that may explain why there are fewer people saying they ordered now after extending for an XLT vs the seemingly larger number of extended Pro orders.
Sponsored