• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully waiting for the email, noticed that my reservation page on Ford.com no longer says it is for a 2022. It actually no longer shows a year at all. That could be a bad omen. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
What is the estimated delivery for XLTs on this second wave? First wave was Fall 2022.

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Welp, looks like the Lightning is not happening for me and Ford has jumped to the top of my s&*t list. Awful way to string people along. The whole "dealers can select a preferred customer to jump the line" was terrible. I'll wait and get an EV truck in a few years when things have settled and they're even better, and it probably won't be a Ford.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Yeah this stinks. My reservation has no year on it now either. Must be 2028 smh

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rando

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yeah this stinks. My reservation has no year on it now either. Must be 2028 smh
I have a feeling all reservations will be called this year. If history is any indication, the XLT will only be offered in this wave. Starting wave 3 it will be Lariat SR and up. Noone after wave 3 will get price protection offers. They aren’t letting you extend your reservation when invited this time. So you either order or cancel. That will empty out the list quick. I can’t imaging the vast majority of reservation makers intended on buying a $74k and up standard range truck.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I'm thinking a Ranger lightning might be in the cards with how things are going. If it just includes a worthwhile power to home number. I think the math for 2023 f150 isnt going to lineup. Battery prices(truck prices) are through the roof. Full Rebates aren't likely to happen for next 2 years. I would have taken a 22 Pro or XLT or a 23 Pro.... but that's my line.
Rumors say the international ranger was engineered brand new to accommodate electrification. Hopefully that will be coming out at the same time as rebate friendly batteries.

2023 is shaping up to be an EV moneypit for consumers.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm curious if they'll allow people who have not yet gotten an invite to hold over to another year or not. And also if they'll allow more pro orders. I wonder if currently pro isn't available because this group of customers said they want an XLT. So they can order XLT or higher, but not pro. And maybe the next wave, with new invites will have pro as an option. It's a possibility.
IF the pro really is sold out for 2023 and if all current reservation holders must have to order or cancel for 2023, then Ford talked up the great value of the pro trim, took tons of reservations so they could say..."look at all the reservations" and then are now telling a bunch of reservation holders, sorry you cant get that one, spend twice as much or get nothing.
Kinda shitty.

However I understand that they want to make the higher margin trucks while production is limited. That's just what you do as a business.

Looks like I'm going to be waiting to see what happens next. If the Silverado has better pricing, if/when Ford will make a cheaper Bev truck available, or go with a different vehicle altogether.

Personally I'm not in a hurry to get a vehicle but I really would like a full EV truck but I don't have the means to spend almost $80k on one.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I have a feeling all reservations will be called this year. If history is any indication, the XLT will only be offered in this wave. Starting wave 3 it will be Lariat SR and up. Noone after wave 3 will get price protection offers. They aren’t letting you extend your reservation when invited this time. So you either order or cancel. That will empty out the list quick. I can’t imaging the vast majority of reservation makers intended on buying a $74k and up standard range truck.
I think you're right. I went from "it's nuts to spend $80 on a Lariat, but with the tax credit it's $72,500 and I can sell it in a year at $85,000+" to "I'm not spending $90K on a truck. I expect I'll be getting my $100 deposit back soon.

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm curious if they'll allow people who have not yet gotten an invite to hold over to another year or not.
On this page:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ng-reservation-closure-and-order-information/

It specifically shows:

"If my preferred vehicle configuration is not available, can I hold my place in line for a later MY vehicle?

No, once invited to order, you will have the availability to select any of the current models available. You can also cancel your reservation and receive a deposit refund at any time."

So, unfortunately, if you don't bite when they pull your number you're SOL until the general public gets to order. That also means, if they don't make it through all reservation holders this year (which I stated above is unlikely), there will be another lottery group that wins the opportunity to order in the first wave of 2023 for the 2024 model year Pro. However, that truck is most assuredly going to be $50k+ base MSRP at this rate (or decontented to hit a lower price point).

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
On this page:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ng-reservation-closure-and-order-information/

It specifically shows:

"If my preferred vehicle configuration is not available, can I hold my place in line for a later MY vehicle?

No, once invited to order, you will have the availability to select any of the current models available. You can also cancel your reservation and receive a deposit refund at any time."

So, unfortunately, if you don't bite when they pull your number you're SOL until the general public gets to order. That also means, if they don't make it through all reservation holders this year (which I stated above is unlikely), there will be another lottery group that wins the opportunity to order in the first wave of 2023 for the 2024 model year Pro. However, that truck is most assuredly going to be $50k+ base MSRP at this rate (or decontented to hit a lower price point).
I don't see how they could possibly decontent the XLT more...charge you extra for the tires? The built in navigation and the automatic climate control could be removed but those are almost essential to the EV functions that I don't see Ford removing them. They'll probably just stop offering the pro to retail customers and reserve it for fleets.

I also believe that it's entirely possible they'll get through all the reservations this year with the conversion rate certainly lower than it was for 22 invites. With the lack of trim availability and the increase in pricing there are going to be a lot of people that just cancel. I bet we will see people being offered the option of lariat or cancel for multiple waves.

I bet they have dealers pressuring them to allow orders for dealer inventory (aka massive markup) but Ford wants to offer reservation holders the chance to order first. Or at least be able to say "you got your invitation but you passed (cause we only offered a truck at double the entry price)"

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Ford may try to save face and just churn out dealer stock(Lariats) after they run out of reservation holders rather than have to say they weren't actually sold out anymore.
What kills me is my Dealer has a Pro mannequin, but it's got NOTHING on it..... no pro power... no tow. That's just so sad.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I think you're right. I went from "it's nuts to spend $80 on a Lariat, but with the tax credit it's $72,500 and I can sell it in a year at $85,000+" to "I'm not spending $90K on a truck. I expect I'll be getting my $100 deposit back soon.
Anybody expecting to sell their 2023 EV at a profit after a year is going to be disappointed.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
There will be a 2008 again. A time when dealers were starving, credit companies folding and consumers buying cars and trucks on massive discounts. They won't have me to kick around anymore then.

Reactions: GDN

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
it’s the XLT 312A package

F34F8B5F-EF3B-46EA-A412-FF30CA821E42.jpeg
First of all this isn't $9.5k worth of value.

Second...are they really listing the Heated Front Seats as a value add in this package? This is now standard across all MY23 models I thought (which was the range increase), my MY23 Pro is coming with heated seats.

Maybe I should apply for head of Marketing at Ford?
Sponsored