• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3 F-150 Lightning Order Stuck

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE. 2023 F-150 Lightning
I received the email from @Ford Motor Company on Wednesday 9/6/2022 at 6:31 PM to order my Lightning. I went to the website later that evening. The Pro model was sold out (as expected), so I configured an XLT. Hit the order button around midnight. Discover card payment for $1,000.00 confirmed. (I have screenshots to confirm all this.)

I didn't get any confirming email, so I called the dealer the next day. They pushed to me an email for final customer confirmation, but every time I clicked on the link in the email, the website took me back to the main Lightning order beginning window.

Dealer said nothing they could do to free up my order and recommended that I call Ford. I called Ford customer service (who could see my submitted order), but said nothing they could do and I should contact my dealer. Ford customer service said they would escalate my issue, but ten days later I've heard nothing.

So my order is stuck in Ford's ordering system. Both my dealer and Ford can see my order in the system, but neither can finalize it. I'm stuck in a Catch-22 between Ford and my dealer. I tweeted @Ford Motor Company , but no response. Any other recommendations?
Sponsored

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Something similar happened to me. I was in 2023 wave 1 and after placing online order and paying 1000 dealer deposit nobody was able to locate my order for about 10 days. Dealer said they initially accepted the order but it then disappeared. The dealer had to talk to a Ford area manager/rep and finally the order went in to WBDO and showed up on the website as "accepted by dealer". They couldn't explain what happened. So your best bet is probably still your dealer.

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
I received the email from @Ford Motor Company on Wednesday 9/6/2022 at 6:31 PM to order my Lightning. I went to the website later that evening. The Pro model was sold out (as expected), so I configured an XLT. Hit the order button around midnight. Discover card payment for $1,000.00 confirmed. (I have screenshots to confirm all this.)

I didn't get any confirming email, so I called the dealer the next day. They pushed to me an email for final customer confirmation, but every time I clicked on the link in the email, the website took me back to the main Lightning order beginning window.

Dealer said nothing they could do to free up my order and recommended that I call Ford. I called Ford customer service (who could see my submitted order), but said nothing they could do and I should contact my dealer. Ford customer service said they would escalate my issue, but ten days later I've heard nothing.

So my order is stuck in Ford's ordering system. Both my dealer and Ford can see my order in the system, but neither can finalize it. I'm stuck in a Catch-22 between Ford and my dealer. I tweeted @Ford Motor Company , but no response. Any other recommendations?
did you ever get a update on your order>?

OP
OP
horsiedad

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE. 2023 F-150 Lightning
did you ever get a update on your order>?
Nope. No help from Ford or my dealer. Ended up ordering a Lariat trim, though I had not intended to spend that much.
Sponsored