• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
But your time stamp is supposed to move with you, at least that’s what I’ve been told by many sources.
That doesn't stop someone from moving to your dealer pushing you out since they could have earlier timestamps.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Anyone else get in right in the first few minutes yet way down the list at their dealership? I'm skeptical because I can't find anywhere that gives the exact time of my res., so I don't know if I'm being jacked around or not. What say you peeps?
My reservation email confirmation came to me 18 minutes after the Lightning presentation started. I was 14/667 according to my dealer back in November, and now I'm supposedly around 27 of 700+, probably because a bunch of people switched dealerships. I'm kind of blown away that 26 people in my area in Northern Utah reserved lightnings ahead of me and are with my dealer. My dealer told me a while ago that they were only getting 6-9 for 2022, and yesterday he confirmed they received 1 allocation for wave 1, and 4 allocations for wave 2. Their "rep" told them they will get another 1-4 vehicles for the remainder of Model Year 2022.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I put in my reservation in the evening. I believe around 10 or 11pm EST (I couldn't figure out how to find my timestamp). I didn't get the confirmation e-mail until 8am on 5/20 but it did say 5/19 in the confirmation e-mail.

Sponsored

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
My reservation email confirmation came to me 18 minutes after the Lightning presentation started. I was 14/667 according to my dealer back in November, and now I'm supposedly around 27 of 700+, probably because a bunch of people switched dealerships. I'm kind of blown away that 26 people in my area in Northern Utah reserved lightnings ahead of me and are with my dealer. My dealer told me a while ago that they were only getting 6-9 for 2022, and yesterday he confirmed they received 1 allocation for wave 1, and 4 allocations for wave 2. Their "rep" told them they will get another 1-4 vehicles for the remainder of Model Year 2022.
Some of the 26 may have made their reservation before you, but likely several of them were prioritized by the dealer and jumped ahead of you in line. It's really crappy that Ford allowed dealers to do that.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Some of the 26 may have made their reservation before you, but likely several of them were prioritized by the dealer and jumped ahead of you in line. It's really crappy that Ford allowed dealers to do that.
Yeah, the prioritizations are dumb, especially when the allocations are so small. Giving a dealership 25 prioritizations and then only sending them less than 10 trucks is just stupid.

But for whatever its worth, my dealership claims they did not use prioritizations. In fact, my dealership says their list still has me at 14 and they have no idea why on the Ford side I'm further down the list.

I'm probably going to order something else for now and go electric in 2025 or something.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
I'm probably going to order something else for now and go electric in 2025 or something.
I'm punting on my lightning order, with the revision coming MY24, it makes more sense to wait and see. First year vehicles will have some teething issues. I went ahead and ordered a Platinum Powerboost today. Basically the same builds, and I'm saving $25.7k by going with the powerboost. I'll like the look more on the powerboost since I added the BAP.

Will hang on to my reservation to see when it finally gets pulled. I put it in during the presentation.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I'm punting on my lightning order, with the revision coming MY24, it makes more sense to wait and see. First year vehicles will have some teething issues. I went ahead and ordered a Platinum Powerboost today. Basically the same builds, and I'm saving $25.7k by going with the powerboost. I'll like the look more on the powerboost since I added the BAP.

Will hang on to my reservation to see when it finally gets pulled. I put it in during the presentation.
Did they give you any time frame to expect? Funny enough I talked to my dealer about ordering a BAP Platinum and they told me those are taking more than 6 months.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

BAP?

Sponsored

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
Reserved on 20 May. Reading everything, I was resigned to getting my Lightning in MY23.
Got an email from my dealership yesterday saying:

“Hi Mark,

I hope you're doing well!

I wanted to give you a heads up that we got a notice from Ford, and you should be receiving an email in the next couple of days to build your Lightning! If you run to any issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know!”

Smaller dealership so maybe I got lucky. I’m hoping “build” means “order”, so we’ll see.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Reserved on 20 May. Reading everything, I was resigned to getting my Lightning in MY23.

“Hi Mark,

I wanted to give you a heads up that we got a notice from Ford, and you should be receiving an email in the next couple of days to build your Lightning! If you run to any issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know!”

Smaller dealership so maybe I got lucky. I’m hoping “build” means “order”, so we’ll see.
Good Luck!

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If you're from a ZEV state, that trumps reservation time in many cases. If the ZEV dealer I know gets the same allocations in the last few waves that they got so far, they will end up with around 50 MY22 Lightnings. Non-ZEV dealers are trending towards 10 Lightnings if each wave stays consistent (based on what I've read on here).

My guess is MY22 allows Ford to check some ZEV box, MY23 is going to be a much more consistent nationwide rollout. This is based purely on wave 1-3 order numbers confirmed so far, I don't have any inside info or anything.

Deleted member 9341

“Hi Mark,

My dealer told me that on wave 1. He was wrong. But good luck!
Sponsored