• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Waves 1-6 still waiting for production date

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Does anyone venture to guess why some early wave orders are still not built ?

At first I thought it was the trim - Ford preferentially building more Lariats and Platinums and pushing them out first.

Then I thought of the battery option - but then nothing definite showing .

But now I can see from @TaxmanHog folks of all trims are being held up.

Very strange how a Wave 1 order that is identical to mine is held up.

Did they find something early on and need to re-work something and that's what is causing the delay ?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

At first I thought it was the trim - Ford preferentially building more Lariats and Platinums and pushing them out first.

Then I thought of the battery option - but then nothing definite showing .

But now I can see from @TaxmanHog folks of all trims are being held up.

Very strange how a Wave 1 order that is identical to mine is held up.

Did they find something early on and need to re-work something and that's what is causing the delay ?
I am leaning towards all of the names being in a big bingo wheel and they spin it every time they do scheduling.

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I am leaning towards all of the names being in a big bingo wheel and they spin it every time they do scheduling.
My thoughts as well. Wave 2 waiting room member here.

I'd thought maybe it was my late (5/29) reservation date, but looking at the data in this thread that doesn't seem to be the case.

Nothing jumps out as being the reason other than randomness.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Maybe location? Scheduling delivery to various locations in batches? If the earlier build weeks are actually full and we are scheduled out to week of 8/29 are they going to fit the rest in by early October? Our assumptions are based on the possibility flawed premise that our forum sample is a representative model of the whole population, and if that is the case Rouge factory is going to be very very busy in September...or there is more capacity in earlier weeks, which begs the question why are those slots scheduled already.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Maybe location? Scheduling delivery to various locations in batches? If the earlier build weeks are actually full and we are scheduled out to week of 8/29 are they going to fit the rest in by early October? Our assumptions are based on the possibility flawed premise that our forum sample is a representative model of the whole population, and if that is the case Rouge factory is going to be very very busy in September...or there is more capacity in earlier weeks, which begs the question why are those slots scheduled already.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing on the scheduling and figured that, along with lots of folks build weeks slipping later and later, meant they were having issues scaling. I was half expecting some folks with 2022 orders in to be told they were being pushed to 2023.

But then Ford started asking around for a round 7 - which doesn't fit that story at all.

Bottom Line - I have no idea what is going on.

Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Looking at the list, what does the green highlights represent?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
But then Ford started asking around for a round 7 - which doesn't fit that story at all.

Bottom Line - I have no idea what is going on.
Agree - Ford taking in the last remaining builds by offering up just the Lariat trim tells me they are trying to maximize MY'22 Lightning production with available body/parts/modules - but the delays of earlier orders mystifies me.

I see a lot of early deliveries to the midwest and eastern areas of the US - way early deliveries like weeks ahead of the tracker prediction.

So far my build is going well - no change in build or blend dates - hoping for an "early delivery" too....

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
In addition to all the suggestions above, some folks are no longer active on this forum and a few on my list are from another forum which I need to cross check and catch up with by next report cycle.
Sponsored