• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

windshield wiper blades

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
My Ford OE blades have started showing issues after a year of use/abuse. I know there is a multitude of different blades on the market, which ones do people recommend for the F150L or just the F150 in general?
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Retire
My OEM blade only lasted about 13 month when they started to show wear. Replaced them with RainX Expert Fit conventional blade technology and had constant squeaking from both blades. Replaced them with Emithsun Professional Blades which are very quit and perfect fit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
And basically self-applying rain-x (provided you prepped the windshield correctly first)
What do you mean by that? Do you mean just cleaning it, or something else?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
What do you mean by that? Do you mean just cleaning it, or something else?
General best practice is to use automotive clay or a scraper to remove any super stubborn contaminants (like sap, etc), follow that with a thorough wipe down with isopropyl alcohol and then finish with a silicone hydrophobic wipe (usually included in silicone wiper blade kits). But the most important step is just cleaning the windshield thoroughly and ensuring there's no grease left on the glass.

Hope this helps!

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Hmmm... have the Bosch Icon and RainX blades always been that expensive? ~$30 per blade? That's crazy. I think I will probably just go with the Costco special... Michelin blades for $6-8 per blade.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Hmmm... have the Bosch Icon and RainX blades always been that expensive? ~$30 per blade? That's crazy. I think I will probably just go with the Costco special... Michelin blades for $6-8 per blade.
I recall them being about that much even a long time ago, they've just usually always included mail in rebates or at POS rebates that essentially make one free.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I use whatever Ford replaces them with. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just put on some RainX Silicone Endura with good results so far. $23 each. Hopefully the silicone ones last longer cause I was kinda bummed the OEM ones only held up for 9 months

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Get something that can take refills.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Another vote here for the Bosch Icon. I have them on a couple vehicles. Also been happy with the more expensive Truck & SUV wipers from Rain-X. There all about the same price. The nice Rain-X ones are never in-stock. I’ll probably be replacing my Lightning wipers soon.
Sponsored