• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wireless CarPlay intermittently has no sound

MacMike

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
I have a different issue with CarPlay. All functions work except it will not play my music library that's on my phone. I believe it is an issue with IOS as I have the same issues with CarPlay in my 2017 Mustang. All functions worked on both vehicles until a few months ago and I install all software updates as they come out. I have called Apple support and they could not come up with a fix.
UPDATE: Got a call from Apple Support. They had me reset my network connection on my iPhone. It fixed the problem I was having. The hard part of this reset was I had to put some of my passwords back in.

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT
Occupation
Construction
Over the past few weeks, I have been having intermittent issues where CarPlay is not producing any sound when I first start the truck and the phone connects. This could be music, an audio book, or even a phone call -- when this issue happens there is no audio coming through the speakers.

To fix the issue, I have to disconnect the CarPlay using the menus, wait for a bit, and then re-connect the phone CarPlay. Usually that works.

Other times, I have no issues at all and everything works. It's an annoyance, but most troubling is when I'm on a phone before I enter the truck, and then CarPlay connects but there is no audio, and after wondering if the connection dropped, I then remember about this intermittent issue, scramble to switch audio back to the phone while I'm working on the menus to disconnect and reconnect CarPlay.

Does anyone else have this issue?
I am having this issue as well, starting in the last week or so. I thought it came from going to 6.3 from 6.2. If I disconnect and reconnect CarPlay it works again .

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I don’t know the specifics, but the two-way protocol used for Siri and phone calls is separate from audio playback. I’ve sometimes had issues with audio playing only on the right-rear speaker, and that’s usually fixed by triggering Siri. It might be worth a try for the next time anyone has this.

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
I’m having this issue as well…
The “try Siri” fix doesn’t work for me…that’s normally when I identify the issue…Siri hears me, but no audio back.

Seems the jury is still out if this is an iOS issue or a FMC issue. I’m leaning towards iOS, because I am not hearing of Android issues, and I haven’t had an update for a couple months from Ford, and the issue is relatively new for me.

I may try the “reset network settings” and see if that fixes it and will report back.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’m having this issue as well…
The “try Siri” fix doesn’t work for me…that’s normally when I identify the issue…Siri hears me, but no audio back.

Seems the jury is still out if this is an iOS issue or a FMC issue. I’m leaning towards iOS, because I am not hearing of Android issues, and I haven’t had an update for a couple months from Ford, and the issue is relatively new for me.

I may try the “reset network settings” and see if that fixes it and will report back.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
I did the network settings reset last night…and this morning I had no issues…not a big sample size at all…but here’s hoping 🤞🏼.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sorry @Ford Motor Company I’ve not had good experiences with that process, so I won’t be sending you a message.

OP
OP
G-Zeus

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
So Ford, you want to get the VIN of someone who replied to my thread? Or do you also want to help the person that started this thread?

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
They aren’t actually helpful anyway. They just tell you to take it to your dealer after you PM them.

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I tried the network reset today. I also removed my phone from sync and deleted the truck from CarPlay. Basically a fresh start. The third time I started the truck after the reset…no sound. I was bummed.

About two minutes later the phone disconnected from the truck and then reconnected. Sound restored. Strange.

Sponsored

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
I am having the same issue and the only solution I have found is to toggle off/on car play in iOS settings. I tried deleting the truck from Car play and re-pairing. Did not fix only made me have to re-key my iPhone.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I've used CarPlay for over a year occasionally needing to toggle off/on in iOS settings but then it stopped connecting wirelessly altogether. I can still connect by wire but it's frustrating that I can't connect wirelessly anymore. I've done the "Forget Device" thing and removed the phone from the truck and tried re-adding it from scratch, but no joy. Any thoughts from the team on getting the wireless CarPlay to work again?

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve tried rebooting my phone and toggling and so far those methods seem to work even if they are a pain in the butt. I’m not sure what the issue is and where the problem lies. Is it Ford or is it CarPlay or is it Bluetooth?

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I don’t think it’s the iPhone. I just got back from a 10 day road trip with my wife. We took her 2022 Acura MDX. I connected wirelessly for most of the trip and never had CarPlay drop or lose sound. I think something is going on with Ford’s Sync. Ironically, the wireless charger in the MDX works just like the Lightning. In other words, it doesn’t work either.

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t think it’s the iPhone. I just got back from a 10 day road trip with my wife. We took her 2022 Acura MDX. I connected wirelessly for most of the trip and never had CarPlay drop or lose sound. I think something is going on with Ford’s Sync. Ironically, the wireless charger in the MDX works just like the Lightning. In other words, it doesn’t work either.
The wireless charger in the lightning is a hot mess…
Sponsored