• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would installing a leveling kit void the warranty?

broteus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER Carbonized Gray Metallic
First time considering modding out a truck but I was thinking of getting the front raised. Would there be any issues with warranty? Would you recommend the dealer service center to do this since I would most likely need an alignment with it?
Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
For it to void the warranty, it would have to be deemed responsible for the failure of that component. Its pretty unlikely an aluminum spacer is going to impact anything warranty related.

Get a quote at the dealer and at a shop like 4wheelparts and go with the one you feel the most comfortable with.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
For it to void the warranty, it would have to be deemed responsible for the failure of that component. Its pretty unlikely an aluminum spacer is going to impact anything warranty related.

Get a quote at the dealer and at a shop like 4wheelparts and go with the one you feel the most comfortable with.
He is correct. The Ford technician would have to say that the level kit is what caused the issue. It would have to be specifically because of that reason.

KevinTisdale1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
retired
First time considering modding out a truck but I was thinking of getting the front raised. Would there be any issues with warranty? Would you recommend the dealer service center to do this since I would most likely need an alignment with it?
[/QUOTi had the dealer make that mod. Looks nice

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
They did nearly 20K worth of warranty work replacing a bad HVB module on mine that was leveled week after I bought it...

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Dodge Caravan
It will likely affect the aerodynamics of the truck and reduce your range. When you take it in for range issues they may point to the lift as the cause.
Sponsored