• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning wish list - what do you dream for?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Since there isn't much new information these days I thought I would start this thread to see what features people wish or hope are in the Lightning, realistic or otherwise. Need some way to pass the time...

My number one wish is for a shorter overall length. I think the F-150 interior is nearly perfect but I don't really need a pickup bed. Put the bumper right behind the back wheels and I would be thrilled :)

Dream on!
Sponsored

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
Haha, I can understand that. I’m sure there will be an Expedition EV before long.

On the other hand, for my planned usage including pulling a fifth wheel trailer I’d rather a 6.5 foot bed. There are auto-sliding hitches for short-short beds but they’re (a) heavy and (b) expensive.

Also I’m not too happy about the option bundling, compared to the ICE F-150 which is more customizable. For example I’d like to get the leather interior and ventilated seats, but without the power tailgate and tailgate step which add weight.

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I wish they'd fix the iPad in the Lariat

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Since there isn't much new information these days I thought I would start this thread to see what features people wish or hope are in the Lightning, realistic or otherwise. Need some way to pass the time...

My number one wish is for a shorter overall length. I think the F-150 interior is nearly perfect but I don't really need a pickup bed. Put the bumper right behind the back wheels and I would be thrilled :)

Dream on!
Not exactly "features" of the truck itself, perhaps, but:

- $12,500 tax credit
- Extended Range battery available on Pro for regular customers
- Faster DC charging

sollie

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I'd love a Lightning Tremor that would compete more directly with the Rivian R1T. My primary reason I'd like a truck is for car camping, and the easier it is to get into the middle of nowhere, the better!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Hoping for a tighter turning radius with the independent rear suspension - maybe torque vectoring ??

Cloth seat option for Pro trim.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
6.5' bed. Doesn't matter if it's SuperCab or SuperCrew, I don't haul more than one other person very often, just need space for the dogs to ride in the back.

Making the infotablet optional on Lariat. I much prefer physical buttons, it's part of why I don't like Teslas.

Also I’m not too happy about the option bundling, compared to the ICE F-150 which is more customizable.
I very much agree with this. Obviously we don't have the configurator yet so maybe they'll break it down a bit more, but I doubt it. I can see the reasoning, they want to make it as simple as possible to reduce variations causing delays, probably drives down the price as well. But I'd love to have max recline and active motion seating in the Lariat, for instance, but I can't justify (or likely afford anyway) the cost of Platinum.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Giving every tech option as standard such as unlock with phone and blue cruise to be on par with tesla standard options
Or at least have them available as an option for every trim level.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
The truck is absolutely perfect for my needs. All I need is to have a dealer:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning wish list - what do you dream for? 1636146816041

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I want an XLT in Star White...

Since we're dreaming, I've always been confused about the extended cab and crew cab. The extended cab is almost useless for hauling people regularly, and the crew cab is designed for 3x 350lb burly construction workers with an extra 6" of leg room in front of their knees. I want a Crewstended cab, right in the middle of the two. Take 6 inches off the rear seat and give me a 6ft bed. Still fits my kids car seats and improves the usability of the bed.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just want a 2.7l powerboost.
Sponsored