• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It's all about allocation just like the Bronco. Fords secret algorithm, ZEV (not even sure what that means) and sales. Texas sells the most F150s and Trucks in general, so Ford is not ignoring them.
If you go to a small dealer, they will get allocated 1 or 2 Lightnings per year. If you go to a larger dealer they will get allocated much more, maybe 50! Who knows? You might get a better deal from a small dealer, but you might not get your Truck for 3 years. Just look up Granger on Bronco 6G.
ZEV = Zero Emissions Vehicle

Several states have enacted laws that require auto manufacturers to sell a percentage (that grows by year) of zero emissions (battery electric, fuel cell, etc.) vehicles or face penalties. Manufacturers can also trade credits if they oversell these types of vehicles. Because of this, everyone has been buying credits from Tesla (huge revenue source for Tesla) in ZEV states - estimate I have seen for these are around $3k per EV.

So - ever Lightning Ford sells in a ZEV state saves them an extra ~$3k - it makes sense they would prioritize these. I also suspect (but don't know) that this savings is what lets the Pro model turn a profit at all.
Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Got my paint color changed by my dealer :)

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Question: If I get an invite my dealer says they have an allocation of 4 lightnings the owner & son took 2 slots their 2 top mangers took the other 2 slots.
Can I still order with them or does that mean I can't order from that dealer and need to find another?

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Max Towing adds extra battery cooling. Since towing causes the battery to heat up more. I don't think there are any other mechanical features of max towing.

The SR battery goes from 5000 pounds towing without max towing to 7700 pounds with max towing. The ER battery goes from 7700 pounds without to 10000 pounds with. (Except Platinum which has slightly less than 10000 pounds of towing.
When I compared it to the ICE (same) package, it also has beefed up suspension, lower gearing diff, and I wouldn’t be surprised to find it has larger brakes.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
When I compared it to the ICE (same) package, it also has beefed up suspension, lower gearing diff, and I wouldn’t be surprised to find it has larger brakes.
Beefed up suspension and larger brakes = sleeper performance package!

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Question: If I get an invite my dealer says they have an allocation of 4 lightnings the owner & son took 2 slots their 2 top mangers took the other 2 slots.
Can I still order with them or does that mean I can't order from that dealer and need to find another?
If you get an invite they likely can't stop you. But they can make life difficult.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
So I ordered and this morning it says accepted by dealer and they just called and said 20k ADM. WTF. What's the number to call Ford to allocate to a non-adm dealer?

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
So I ordered and this morning it says accepted by dealer and they just called and said 20k ADM. WTF. What's the number to call Ford to allocate to a non-adm dealer?
Same deal here, except for $30k. Just left my review. Number is (800) 334-4375, please let us know what they tell you as far as your place in line when switching dealers.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same deal here, except for $30k. Just left my review. Number is (800) 334-4375, please let us know what they tell you as far as your place in line when switching dealers.
I was under the impression that dealers could add ADM but would be listed at the time of the order. I like how they accepted it and then called. What a POS dealer.

I was just told that since I ordered and I accepted I'm SOL.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If you get an invite to order then Ford is saying that they intend to build and deliver a MY 2022 vehicle for you at the currently selected dealer.

If the numbers that you stated are in fact true, then you should not expect an invite to order until the 2023 model year invites start.

Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
Ok so who is this wonderful dealer? Please make sure to share your experience on all the dealer review sites.

More proof that contrary to their public statements and dealer notices Ford doesn't give a crap about the consumer or plan on doing anything to keep their dealers from adding 20-30K ADM's.

If Ford will not let you move the order which certainly seems easy enough to do then wait out the dealer. You have an order online through Ford so tie them up from pre-selling your build and charging someone a 30K deposit.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I was under the impression that dealers could add ADM but would be listed at the time of the order. I like how they accepted it and then called. What a POS dealer.

I was just told that since I ordered and I accepted I'm SOL.
I'm really sorry to hear that you missed my comments and some other members' yesterday--we posted this scenario and warned everyone once you switch from a reservation to an order Ford can't switch you in their computer anymore. :(

It shows up in the "difference from MSRP" section in your order and you still have an option to decline to order at that point. My issue was I initially was putting an order in for an XLT SR and I wanted to make sure I got it before it went out of stock. Luckily, my dealership honored what they told me verbally and removed the ADM that had automatically shown up on the form (they claimed it was difficult to exclude the Lightning from their F150 ADMs that were set up in the system).

The other thing is if you have a purchase order at MSRP I don't think they can slap an ADM on afterwards. It needs to be listed in your order before confirmation to apply. If you ordered without an ADM and they're calling you afterwards to "threaten" you with one, it's possible they are just lying to get you to cancel or decline the order when it comes in so they can sell it off to the highest bidder.

More proof that contrary to their public statements and dealer notices Ford doesn't give a crap about the consumer or plan on doing anything to keep their dealers from adding 20-30K ADM's.
I'm not sure how much we can lay this at the feet of Ford. The lady I spoke to on the phone sounded genuine in her concern and frustration in the computer limiting her ability to switch me out from a dealer that was applying ADM after I had ordered. She cited dealer franchise laws and I don't have a lot of reason to disbelieve her.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm really sorry to hear that you missed my comments and some other members' yesterday--we posted this scenario and warned everyone once you switch from a reservation to an order Ford can't switch you in their computer anymore. :(

It shows up in the "difference from MSRP" section in your order and you still have an option to decline to order at that point. My issue was I initially was putting an order in for an XLT SR and I wanted to make sure I got it before it went out of stock. Luckily, my dealership honored what they told me verbally and removed the ADM that had automatically shown up on the form (they claimed it was difficult to exclude the Lightning from their F150 ADMs that were set up in the system).

The other thing is if you have a purchase order at MSRP I don't think they can slap an ADM on afterwards. It needs to be listed in your order before confirmation to apply. If you ordered without an ADM and they're calling you afterwards to "threaten" you with one, it's possible they are just lying to get you to cancel or decline the order when it comes in so they can sell it off to the highest bidder.

I'm not sure how much we can lay this at the feet of Ford. The lady I spoke to on the phone sounded genuine in her concern and frustration in the computer limiting her ability to switch me out from a dealer that was applying ADM after I had ordered. She cited dealer franchise laws and I don't have a lot of reason to disbelieve her.
But that's just it. There was nothing there for a markup. They said no markup when I reserved in May. They said no markup when I asked for priority in January. It said no markup when I ordered.

It wasn't until after they accepted that they added the markup. They knew what they were doing. They were baiting me the whole time so they could get a guaranteed built unit.

Ford F-150 Lightning ? 3rd Wave (2/3/22) Lightning Ordering Now Open! 1643999517776

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
Looks like Corwin Ford already deleted your negative review. Hopefully they reached out to you and removed the 30K ADM.

https://www.corwinfordofspringfield.com/?utm_source=gmbsls&utm_medium=social&mcmid=gmbsls

Their FB page is wide open for comments without review. I am sure they will delete them once they realize you are posting negative comments but you might be able to warn a view potential customers.
https://www.facebook.com/CorwinFordSpringfield

Last edited:

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok so who is this wonderful dealer? Please make sure to share your experience on all the dealer review sites.

If Ford will not let you move the order which certainly seems easy enough to do then wait out the dealer. You have an order online through Ford so tie them up from pre-selling your build and charging someone a 30K deposit.
Northside Ford in San Antonio, TX. I wish I was a blogger or had an online presence so I could post to YT or Reddit and flood every site with shit reviews. But i'm not. I'm a common folk who has been waiting for this. They said I could do a new reservation but I said I won't be buying a Lightning. In that time frame more options will be available.
Sponsored