• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
Northside Ford in San Antonio, TX. I wish I was a blogger or had an online presence so I could post to YT or Reddit and flood every site with shit reviews. But i'm not. I'm a common folk who has been waiting for this. They said I could do a new reservation but I said I won't be buying a Lightning. In that time frame more options will be available.
I understand completely. I would hope if Ford gets enough complaints and bad publicity these BS ADM situations may get resolved. It may take some time and effort but I would email, text and call every contact at Ford. An email to your local news organizations and local auto club organizations can't hurt.

I personally think Northside Ford has a deep pockets buyer lined up to take over your build. Since someone was able to change their color it would seem that Northside Ford could edit your build to fit their buyers specs.
Sponsored

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
What does Max Towing add mechanically to the Lightning?
It supposed to add additional cooling to the battery and electric motors. Considering last summer I had multiple 100+ degree days, having more cooling is always a good thing.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
I'm not sure how much we can lay this at the feet of Ford. The lady I spoke to on the phone sounded genuine in her concern and frustration in the computer limiting her ability to switch me out from a dealer that was applying ADM after I had ordered. She cited dealer franchise laws and I don't have a lot of reason to disbelieve her.
Ford put our a dealer notice to not add ADM's to the Lightning or lose your allotments.

Its time for Ford to put up or shut up.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
It's just silly because why bother calling it a reservation system? If I reserve anything else in the world, whether it's a PlayStation or a personal flight with SpaceX, it doesn't matter if I live in a cave in Peru or Central Florida. My turn in the reservation is my turn.

Having people jump ahead, or having high-output dealerships/states shouldn't matter. If we're talking about general allocation, I get it. But we're not, we're talking about reserved vehicles. It's a bit absurd.
Yep, I completely agree. They shouldn't have done the prioritization or anything like that. Just go down the list in order of when reservations were made. But unfortunately dealerships have way too much power now, and wouldn't stand for some dealerships not getting a truck for a year or more.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Got my paint color changed by my dealer
I'm still waiting for my dealer to change my color, said he needs to look into how to do it. Was it a quick and easy thing for your dealer?

Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Now that my online Ford account is showing a check mark next to "order accepted by dealer" should I be expecting anything via email from them with particulars? The online order listing matches what I wanted, but I've seen discussions about physically signing some order forms in the forums.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Looks like Corwin Ford already deleted your negative review. Hopefully they reached out to you and removed the 30K ADM.

https://www.corwinfordofspringfield.com/?utm_source=gmbsls&utm_medium=social&mcmid=gmbsls
Already put it back up. No, they did not. All I got on a call this morning is a sob story about how they're not getting many allocations. Tough luck, fellas. Manage your business to where a 10% margin is enough like every other dealer members here are ordering through.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Northside Ford in San Antonio, TX. I wish I was a blogger or had an online presence so I could post to YT or Reddit and flood every site with shit reviews. But i'm not. I'm a common folk who has been waiting for this. They said I could do a new reservation but I said I won't be buying a Lightning. In that time frame more options will be available.
Call Chaparral Ford, Devine Tx. 830-665-4461. Johnny Villanueva. I ordered yesterday and sat with Johnny and the GM. No ADM. No additional deposit. $500. 25 miles from Northside. See if you can move there.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I'm still waiting for my dealer to change my color, said he needs to look into how to do it. Was it a quick and easy thing for your dealer?
I texted the owner at my dealership and he changed it in 30 seconds and sent me the new build confirmation.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
But that's just it. There was nothing there for a markup. They said no markup when I reserved in May. They said no markup when I asked for priority in January. It said no markup when I ordered.

It wasn't until after they accepted that they added the markup. They knew what they were doing. They were baiting me the whole time so they could get a guaranteed built unit.

1643999517776.png
I don't think they can mark that up now. That's your signed order with Ford. You also sent a deposit, which is consideration creating a fully executed written contract.

If you haven't already cancelled your order, and if Ford isn't willing/able to clarify this for you, I suggest contacting your state's Attorney General.

Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
I don't think they can mark that up now. That's your signed order with Ford. You also sent a deposit, which is consideration creating a fully executed written contract.

If you haven't already cancelled your order, and if Ford isn't willing/able to clarify this for you, I suggest contacting your state's Attorney General.
Already did.

Already called Ford and they did absolutely nothing. They talk the talk with the letter but can't step up to do anything. Prob trading in my F150 gas this weekend for a Toyota Hybrid. Done with these practices. If you want ADM fine. Don't lie about it.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I texted the owner at my dealership and he changed it in 30 seconds and sent me the new build confirmation.
Does the order page (on ford.com) who the changed color? My dealer says he just changed the color but my order page still shows the old color. Wondering if either it takes time to update, or the order page will just always show the original order without modifications that are in the dealer system.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
He said it was... I just emailed him and asked and he said yeah no problem. Updated it online.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He said it was... I just emailed him and asked and he said yeah no problem. Updated it online.
Are you saying that it updated online on your Ford.com view of the order? My dealer said he changed the color for me, but I'm not seeing it updated on my ford.com order.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Already put it back up. No, they did not. All I got on a call this morning is a sob story about how they're not getting many allocations. Tough luck, fellas. Manage your business to where a 10% margin is enough like every other dealer members here are ordering through.
You should tell them the reason they are not getting allocations is because ford sees that they are charging ADM and are holding inventory back because of it? At least based on the earnings call this morning.
Sponsored