• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Suspension lowering options for Lightning

Newfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ford Bronco
Since the new lightning will have independent suspension, in theory lowering should be pretty as just getting new springs/shocks or coilovers?

I get it most of you guys hate the thought of lowering a truck, but a lower truck would definitely help load on/off my motorcycle track days.
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I would love to lower the Lightning vs Lifting. Iā€™m hoping Eibach will come out with something.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
Adjustable air suspension on each corner to adjust ride height like the Rivian and Ram 1500 would be great. lower it down for interstate driving to improve range and raise it up for off-roading. Maybe the next gen will have. I'd definitely add it aftermarket if a kit was produced.

OP
OP

Newfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ford Bronco
I would love to lower the Lightning vs Lifting. Iā€™m hoping Eibach will come out with something.
That's what im hoping for. Just a slight drop on springs.

Adjustable air suspension on each corner to adjust ride height like the Rivian and Ram 1500 would be great. lower it down for interstate driving to improve range and raise it up for off-roading. Maybe the next gen will have. I'd definitely add it aftermarket if a kit was produced.
Air suspension would be awesome. It'll probably take sometime before a "kit" comes out. I'm sure you can go with a custom setup by piecing it yourself but that would be $$$

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning Platinum, ā€˜21 Aviator, ā€˜23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
A bagged Lightning is on my to-do. Most likely a tank will have to go in the bed since the battery looks to be taking most of space underneath. While the Platinum wheels have grown on me a little, Iā€™ve already picked out some other wheels and am now just waiting on tires I want to become available.

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Eibach - ā€œlift springs and lowering springsā€

OP
OP

Newfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ford Bronco
Dam I wish they showed it installed! But good to know they making springs for it

samueljalarcon

First Name
jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
I agree that would make life generally much easier for many owners. It's not a bad idea at all. Maybe you can suggest it to the Ford company. Can't hurt to try.

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Eibach - ā€œlift springs and lowering springsā€
Thanks for sharing this. Coilovers caught my attention, so 'll definitely be going that direction!

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Well, this example is lifted, but if you used these same rims and tires without the lift, you would lower the lighting by a lot. Bonus points to acceleration from a stoplight.

Ford F-150 Lightning Suspension lowering options for Lightning tiny-wheels-on-big-picku

Sponsored

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
Well, this example is lifted, but if you used these same rims and tires without the lift, you would lower the lighting by a lot. Bonus points to acceleration from a stoplight.

tiny-wheels-on-big-pickup.jpg
I know different people have different tastes, but that wheel size with that lift is... yeah. I guess it's a thing. But...

Ford F-150 Lightning Suspension lowering options for Lightning CmonsonPsychGIF

you could practically fit a Honda Fit in the space in the wheel wells.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I know different people have different tastes, but that wheel size with that lift is... yeah. I guess it's a thing. But...

CmonsonPsychGIF.gif

you could practically fit a Honda Fit in the space in the wheel wells.
That setup is for transport to keep the bumper at a legal height. Usually they get where they are going then swap on huge tires. That said, I don't see the big tires in the bed....

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
That setup is for transport to keep the bumper at a legal height. Usually they get where they are going then swap on huge tires. That said, I don't see the big tires in the bed....
you are much nicer than I am šŸ¤£

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
If you are in SoCal get in touch with Eibach so they can use your Truck to develop the setup, here is my communication with them.

"Thanks for reaching out! unfortunately we don't offer anything for your vehicle (22 Lightening). If you are in the Southern California area, feel free to submit our "Vehicles Needed" form here in case our R&D department is looking for test vehicles.

Cheers Jeren!

- Team Eibach"

bp299

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Raptor
I submitted my truck if they need it. Anyone done a level/lowering of the rear yet?
Sponsored