• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Sorry if this is a repeat on the Forum and I missed it. Motortrend got 3.8 seconds 0-60 on a Lariat ER in their testing.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-lariat-first-test-0-60-review/

I really want to see a Lightning vs Mach-e GT drag race. Should really be neck and neck, which say a lot about the Lightning.
Makes me wonder if the Pro extended range (fleet) might be even quicker than the Lariat, I have to imagine it’s a bit lighter yet.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
The Lightning is just stupidly fast. I've been very excited for an electric truck ever since Tesla popularized EVs, but I do worry about my wife driving the thing. She already drives our ID.4 waaay too fast.

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
Can you imagine the mayhem of a bunch of dudes rolling around in their company-owned work trucks able to do sub 4 second 0-60 acceleration.

There is NFW my buddy who runs a pretty large firm w/ a fleet of trucks would ever let his crews have access to that.

What could possibly go wrong?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
What’s wild is, in this EV just about anybody can get that timing. Managing traction is a non-issue, managing gear progression a non-issue, etc. Just press the pedal hard and fast.

My question is: why is there no launch mode/se Quebec on the Lightning? The hummer ev compared in the article has a launch mode helping its 3.0 0-60, and the also compared Rivian with 3.1 second I believe also has a launch mode.

if Ford included/pushed out a launch sequence, could it cut the 3.8 seconds to nearer the Rivian/Hummer?

Sponsored

cag

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion
Occupation
Police Dispatcher
Well for starters, they should cut the front axle power by just enough to stop it from skidding/torque steering every time someone launches it.

Everytime i hear people say "wow the tires are losing traction even at 50mph because its so fast!" i roll my eyes.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
There is some tuning needed somewhere along the way. When you get on it hard, it is just a little bit squirrelly. It is hard to describe exactly, but when you get behind the wheel and put your foot in it you'll know.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
There is some tuning needed somewhere along the way. When you get on it hard, it is just a little bit squirrelly. It is hard to describe exactly, but when you get behind the wheel and put your foot in it you'll know.
first test drive from the lot, entering the highway on-ramp, I punched it and had to quickly get my second hand up to the steering wheel.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Can you imagine the mayhem of a bunch of dudes rolling around in their company-owned work trucks able to do sub 4 second 0-60 acceleration.

There is NFW my buddy who runs a pretty large firm w/ a fleet of trucks would ever let his crews have access to that.

What could possibly go wrong?

As a fleet manager myself, this is a valid concern. Our guys go hammer down from every stop sign in their current 1500’s.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
As a fleet manager myself, this is a valid concern. Our guys go hammer down from every stop sign in their current 1500’s.
I believe Ford is offering a way to gimp the trucks through their fleet services.

Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I am still waiting on my truck, but on the test drive the amount of power felt almost unsafe. It seemed to really want to fishtail if you put any significant power down during corners. I feel like it shouldn't be that easy to lose control.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I am still waiting on my truck, but on the test drive the amount of power felt almost unsafe. It seemed to really want to fishtail if you put any significant power down during corners. I feel like it shouldn't be that easy to lose control.
Eh, depends on the point of comparison. In my test drive it was far more planted than my old GT500 use to be when you punched it!

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Eh, depends on the point of comparison. In my test drive it was far more planted than my old GT500 use to be when you punched it!
We gonna pretend like the GT500 handled well lol.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I believe Ford is offering a way to gimp the trucks through their fleet services.
Good. I wish I could configure a top speed governor and automatic idle shutdown on every vehicle we have. I just got telematics from Geotab, a significant number of our guys are driving way too fast. Every time I go to job sites I find more than one truck sitting there idling for no reason. The LT trim 1500’s shut off after an hour, but the WT 3500’s don’t.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I know it gets old, but my comparison is to a Tesla Model 3 - when you get on that it is like a missile on a rail - no roll, no pull, no torque pull to a side, just massive power straight down the road like it was on rails, all power moving the car forward.
Sponsored