• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

wiffleballpractice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat SR, XC40 Recharge, XC90, Cayman
Occupation
Pretend Electrical Engineer
Doubt it. There are two tiers above reservation holders that will need to be placated: a) those that have MY2022 orders but may get pushed to MY2023 (although we don't know if anyone is going to get pushed yet) and b) those that had MY2022 order invites but deferred to MY2023. Those in the 'a' group would certainly get a personal offer that will offset price increases, but it remains to be seen whether those in 'b' will get anything other than priority slots for ordering.

Yeah, no chance the unwashed masses of folks who just have a reservation are getting any sort of price protection. Probably ALL 2023 sales will be reservations, so there would be no reason to even change the prices if that was their intent.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
So....can we consider 2022 residuals for Ford Options with 2023 pricing? Our monthly payment should be $0 right?

AkayRiviannnn07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Does anyone know how the demo units at dealers now will classify for the old tax credit or new bill when people purchase them before the end of the year? After the mandatory waiting period.

Sponsored

MannyFrescoSC

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Wait since all extended models are over 80k, theyre losing the ability to sell any models with the new tax incentive? It’s like they’re shooting themselves in the foot?

claybird22

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Can anyone vouch for paying $12.5K more for SR XLT over Pro (assuming you could order either)?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Does anyone know how the demo units at dealers now will classify for the old tax credit or new bill when people purchase them before the end of the year? After the mandatory waiting period.

That is something I've wondered about.

The new tax credit covers purchases in 2023 and beyond. There is a clause in there for people that ordered(or entered into a binding agreement) BEFORE the law is passed but take delivery after that. Obviously people that took delivery before passage of the law are safe.

What about people who take delivery or just buy straight up after law passage but before Jan 1? I haven't seen that explained anywhere...

(This situation would apply to people buying demos..supposedly after law passage but before Jan 1)

I haven't seen this grey area explained anywhere...

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Wait since all extended models are over 80k, theyre losing the ability to sell any models with the new tax incentive? It’s like they’re shooting themselves in the foot?
Every person with a reservation could cancel today and ford will still sell every unit they produce this year regardless of people getting the incentive/rebate. No foot shot here. Especially with the Rivian prices rocketing and word of the cyber truck doing the same. I’d bet the EValanche comes out 10k over what was advertises except the day one editions.

wiffleballpractice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat SR, XC40 Recharge, XC90, Cayman
Occupation
Pretend Electrical Engineer
This could actually be evidence that they don't WANT to sell extended range Lightnings. Hard to know with any level of certainty, but maybe battery supply has led them to try to shift more purchases to standard range.

Sponsored

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Can anyone vouch for paying $12.5K more for SR XLT over Pro (assuming you could order either)?
It’s a tough pill to a swallow and no, there is no way to justify the 12.5k extra cost. Though same argument for all of the lariat and platinum buyers. >40k more ?? Y’all are crazy!

I went with the 22 XLT SR only because the pro was not an option/available (wave 2).

The biggest (hard to fix things) are the adjustable seats and adjustable pedals. I think that’s it !

$58,000-$7500 credit

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Every person with a reservation could cancel today and ford will still sell every unit they produce this year regardless of people getting the incentive/rebate. No foot shot here. Especially with the Rivian prices rocketing and word of the cyber truck doing the same. I’d bet the EValanche comes out 10k over what was advertises except the day one editions.

I came here to say this, but you beat me to it. I know its a bummer, but its still a sellers market out there. The Lightning is still the best option out there for at least the next year. Good luck getting a Rivian with their production issues. Silverado is at least 12months away and Cybertruck is probably a NEVER a big NOPE at this point.

I bet if Ford was to open up reservations again they would have 500,000 or more new reservations. The marketing blitz, reviews etc has only ramped up since the last reservation window closed.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
while the new tax bill seems confusing, I don't think anyone who buys or takes delivery of an EV prior to the end of the year should have any changes from today's current tax credit rules. the new bill should take effect Jan 1, and not affect anyone prior to that, at least in a negative way.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I know the supply chain, etc. But I was hoping ford would stick with the pricing for the reservations.

There is no doubt that Ford is mirroring Tesla in many ways. Tesla keeps jacking up prices to keep their margins, and the public just continues to keep paying for their entire supply.

Personally, I don't like this move. Ford kept the prices "reasonable" for the first round to keep marketing and PR points, but now feels like they have enough goodwill. Rivian tried the same thing and immediately backed down when the reservations balked at the price increase. Rivian decided keeping the goodwill with its customers was worth more long term.

The question is not whether Ford can get away with it and still sell every truck they build. The question is whether they should on a new product that is still being tweaked and improved.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Rofl, ya dun messed up a-Aron. Bad enough hardly anything qualifies for tax credit but to nickel and dime on last years standard features as options. Sheesh.
Sponsored