• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Ridiculous. As much as I love EVs and have BADLY wanted an EV truck, these prices plus removed features and no tax credit would be a dealbreaker. It’s still an F-150. No doubt there are folks who can pay these prices and shrug it off for the novelty, but this is a bad look for the vehicle that’s supposed to convert the doubters and average joes.

Glad mine is built, but at these prices I’d be 100% out. I was almost out due to dealer shenanigans forcing me into a Lariat ER. 2023 models just do not look to be a sensible purchase.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
So is there not an option to charge at home without paying for the mobile charge cord? Not sure a Standard range is what I want so I might be out all together on ordering
Love my standard range Lariat - has more than enough miles for me - just a shock to see $7K jump in the SR Lariat.

BTW: I have never used the Ford mobile charger with my 2022 Lightning.

Always been using the 50% more wattage L2 48A charger at home.

I keep the mobile charger in the frunk for emergencies, charging another EV, etc...

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Just got off the phone with Ford Lightning Support. They provided me some information that they said was just released to them ten minutes ago (I asked the to re-iterate twice to confirm what I am writing below):

August 11th: Wave 1 -- invitations for all the extended reservation (Pro Only)
August 24th: Wave 2 --
invitations for all the extended reservation (XLT Only)
Mid-September --
Other trims available for extended reservation/possibly new orders based on conversion of extended reservations

Private Offer value for extended reservations will not be available when ordering, but will only be available at the dealer level at pickup/purchase...

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
It’s almost as if the NYT anticipated all the comments here. The gist of their article was that EV’s are being marketed to the wealthy and those with lesser means that could benefit the most from lower operating costs are being priced out.
This will take a few years to work its way out and for purchase pricing to move to affordable.
A policeman directing traffic at a construction site yelled at me as I drove slowly by “how did you get that truck?”. Timing and luck, I guess.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
ed on conversion of extended reservations

Private Offer value for extended reservations will not be available when ordering, but will only be available at the dealer level at pickup/purchase...
Private offer = PCO.... but only for extended? Interesting.

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Chargers are a dime a dozen online - paying $500 for Ford's is just another option. I just bought a 30amp adjustable EVSE for only 1/2 that.
Which one did you buy? Does that allow you to plug into lower amperage dryer outlets and such?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
From today's Ford press release (https://media.ford.com/content/ford...f-150-lightning-standard-range-increased.html):

Lightning reservation holders who previously received an invitation to order, but who elected to extend their reservation because their vehicle specification was unavailable, will receive a private offer for use in upcoming waves.

“Current order holders awaiting delivery are not impacted by these price adjustments,” Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer, Model e, said. “We’ve announced pricing ahead of re-opening order banks so our reservation holders can make an informed decision around ordering a Lightning.”
So Ford will be sending PCO (private cash offer) for those that extended their reservations ?

That's a very nice move for Ford to "price protect" those that extended from MY'22 to MY'23...

Thanks for that @vandy1981 !

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
I came here to say this, but you beat me to it. I know its a bummer, but its still a sellers market out there. The Lightning is still the best option out there for at least the next year. Good luck getting a Rivian with their production issues. Silverado is at least 12months away and Cybertruck is probably a NEVER a big NOPE at this point.

I bet if Ford was to open up reservations again they would have 500,000 or more new reservations. The marketing blitz, reviews etc has only ramped up since the last reservation window closed.
Often wonder, where did all of these people suddenly appear that can afford $80,000 plus for a vehicle? Maybe they have been there all along and never noticed.

Sponsored

bfisher

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F350, 11 Expedition and Lightning Reservation
Occupation
pilot
Wonder what the scenario would look like if you got the dealer to mark down the xlt extended range battery a 1000.00 to meet the under 80k tax break limit. Any other considerations needed?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner

Tbrou16

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Occupation
Paint
Pulled this from someone on Twitter:

1660052337069.png
The worst part is the forced $80974 for the XLT ER. A $21500 increase over the SR that also disqualifies the truck for the tax break is brutal. Essentially a $29000 premium to add 90 miles of range.
Sponsored