• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Just got off the phone with Ford Lightning Support. They provided me some information that they said was just released to them ten minutes ago (I asked the to re-iterate twice to confirm what I am writing below):

August 11th: Wave 1 -- invitations for all the extended reservation (Pro Only)
August 24th: Wave 2 --
invitations for all the extended reservation (XLT Only)
Mid-September --
Other trims available for extended reservation/possibly new orders based on conversion of extended reservations

Private Offer value for extended reservations will not be available when ordering, but will only be available at the dealer level at pickup/purchase...
Please explain what an extended reservation is? I ordered on May 20 2021 and did not make any waves for a 2022. Am I an extended reservation or is that a invite for a wave from the 2022's that has not been taken yet?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Please explain what an extended reservation is? I ordered on May 20 2021 and did not make any waves for a 2022. Am I an extended reservation or is that a invite for a wave from the 2022's that has not been taken yet?
Extended reservation is someone who was invited to order, but couldn't get the trim they wanted, so they extended to FY23.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Glad I did not extend my Pro reservation and suffered and got an XLT :)

Went back and forth Extending and unextending it that fateful day.... Cooler heads prevailed when I realized the XLT was still a good price and who knows what the next Pro would cost and if you could even get it. Turns out MY22 XLT is a better deal than MY23 Pro. :) And, we'll see how many can even order the Pro.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Those that did receive an order invite and decided to wait for their trim were extended.

Those people will get first crack at ordering plus a PCO to offset the increases in price.

If you reserved on 5/20/21, then you will have to wait for an order invite and pay the increased prices.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Wow just built my 2022 on 2023 configurator, goes from $81,684 to $90, 859.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Extended reservation is someone who was invited to order, but couldn't get the trim they wanted, so they extended to FY23.
Makes sense - thanks. So when will the rest of us be able to see order windows open?

BeeLightning

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Impala, Jag SUV, F-150 Lightning on order
@BeeLightning

Yeah, the Lightning is amazing.
It's bit unwieldy in daily urban use but I am trying to get used to the larger turning radius and parking in tight spots...

Hey, I am also looking forward to the GM EV WT as well.

Reserved mine 3 minutes after launch.

Wondering if GM will still honor the $40K base price ?
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.38.17 AM.png
At this point I think Chevy has to launch at 40k

It would be a bad look to not launch on the price that got you the initial reservations. Especially when FORD did it.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Glad I did not extend my Pro reservation and suffered and got an XLT :)

Went back and forth Extending and unextending it that fateful day.... Cooler heads prevailed when I realized XLT still a good price and who knows what the next Pro would cost and if you could even get it.
Exactly. I had the same dilemma but I had a feeling there was no way prices were gonna remain so low on the XLT and I get the $7500 tax credit still.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
When are they planning on ending the 2022 builds and beginning the 2023 builds this year? Any chance the early 2023 builds will make it before Dec 31st 2022?

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
When are they planning on ending the 2022 builds and beginning the 2023 builds this year? Any chance the early 2023 builds will make it before Dec 31st 2022?
October 10th is the start of 2023 production if everything remains on track.

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Either a mistake or intentionally priced to make people order the XLT SR.

This new pricing shows that Ford is saying you can get the credit if you order the Pro or XLT SR only.

All other trims & batteries are for the "wealthy" folks who don't care about the tax credit.
Or maybe… the F-150L won’t qualify for the new credit at all due to the battery content, so why bother.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
My guess is if a person extended for a Pro- they likely aren’t going to order with the price increase and potentially missing tax credit

Zacster

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Small Business Owner
So I don’t see anyway to reserve a model. Is it only possible to reserve a 2023 if you reserved a 2022 but never were able to purchase? When can new reservations for 2023 be possible? All I can do is save or get updates. Just want to make sure I am not missing something.