• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
WOW, this is amazing... I just pulled the plug and observed the EXACT same difference. Hmmmm... wonder what we can do to resolve this? Does the power cable running from the emblem need to be shielded? Hmmmm. That wire goes right by the antenna for sure. Maybe change the ground location??? sharing the same as the antenna system?

I'm gonna try some crazy foil wrapping that cable just to see if it changes anything.
You are on the right path

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. R
Sponsored

TheJackel2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Just spent a couple of hours installing and uninstalling the Putco one. Mine had radio interference on 2 of my 10 preset radio stations, but it happend to be the one I listen to most often. So sad to say, it's getting returned. But weirdly, other stations were completely unaffected

Tried all fuse locations, even running straight from the 12 volt battery. Tried various ground points and again even grounding at the 12V battery directly. Tried keeping the power line away from the antennnae. Nothing made a difference, static interference remained pretty much constant.

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I am doing a large audio build soon, so I will have the frunk apart. I will try running the emblem down the drivers side, maybe even tie into the interior fuse box for a test also. I'll keep you all updated.

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
You basically only need accessory turn on. We can try using the turn on from the audio system to switch a relay.. But I'm not sure its worth the effort.. Worse comes to worse we have a smoked black emblem which looks better than the blue. IMO

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
You know what would be interesting, using a 12'v bench supply (or old battery whatever) power that emblem up and see the result.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Some audio amplifiers, depending on the power supply, emit "noise" to the electrical system. That noise can be eliminated with iron ferrite rings. Could be worth a try if you really want the LED emblem and listen to FM.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Some audio amplifiers, depending on the power supply, emit "noise" to the electrical system. That noise can be eliminated with iron ferrite rings. Could be worth a try if you really want the LED emblem and listen to FM.
I was just going to say.....thank you......yes the ferrite rings would definitely be worth a try.

You beat me to it! (y)

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
I used fuse 137 (Advanced driver assistance system module. High mounted stoplamp rear video camera). The emblem turns on/off with the vehicle's on/off button; it doesn't stay on for 10 minutes after the truck is turned off. By using fuse 137, the cover can be easily closed without having to trim it. Fuse 22 is so close to the box's edge that I couldn't get the cover back on. I ran the hot wire through one of the two small holes that are in the rear of the fuse box cover.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. tempImageBoUke9
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. tempImagembCxJJ
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. tempImageERswtY
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. tempImageV5fU0X

Last edited:

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This light up emblem was going to be one way to blow through my $7,500 tax incentive. I'm really bummed that the radio interference happens, as it's basically a deal breaker.

If someone does figure out the trick to not causing interference, I will need to talk to my dealer before buying. Though I assume they'd follow the manual, not a forum recommendation, if a fix is discovered.

EV Outdoors

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150. Ford Explorer
Was anyone able to use their points to purchase the emblem online and use the 20% off?

Sponsored

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update on Radio Reception issue, I started my audio build and am running a 16GA power and ground from the emblem to where the amp's are installed (Behind Rear Seat) bypassing the factory fuse box altogether. I will be turning on the emblem with the audio remote turn on. I will report back once I get that all buttoned up.

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
I’ve got my dealer trying to install this and fuse spot 48 that you all recommended is too high of a voltage. It’s only supposed to be 12v to the light. They can’t figure out how to finish the install.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I’ve got my dealer trying to install this and fuse spot 48 that you all recommended is too high of a voltage. It’s only supposed to be 12v to the light. They can’t figure out how to finish the install.
If they don't know enough to use their resources to find a proper 12 v ignition controlled fuse, I would be picking my truck up and never taking it back to that dealer.

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
If they don't know enough to use their resources to find a proper 12 v ignition controlled fuse, I would be picking my truck up and never taking it back to that dealer.
Yeah that was my response to “we can’t find a wiring schematic “ I’ve had nothing but problems with them lately. Very disappointed, they were never this terrible before

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Yeah that was my response to “we can’t find a wiring schematic “ I’ve had nothing but problems with them lately. Very disappointed, they were never this terrible before
Truly I thought back through this thread there was more than one suggestion for multiple choices. I know there are multiple options in the passenger footwell. It isn't that much further if you find a way in.
Sponsored