• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla slashed prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Tesla put out some good price cuts across the board, but get the 3 (even the Performance) and Y just under the tax rebate level, at least until March.
Sponsored

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning ER
Issue with this is do Tesla have enough in stock for everyone to take delivery by March to cash in the on 7500 credit.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Issue with this is do Tesla have enough in stock for everyone to take delivery by March to cash in the on 7500 credit.
They don't - there were inventory cars near me last night that were gone this morning. They are building at a good clip however.

A key here is how flexible Tesla can and will be to adjust price, increase sales and take advantage of situations. Through last year their demand was more than their supply, they could keep the prices up. Now that they have more supply and the economy has changed, they will adjust with it to take advantage of it, while still making a profit on each one.

Sponsored

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 PORSCHE TAYCAN and '22 Ford F-150 Lightning
We need Tesla to survive, but the company is hurting itself by keeping Elon Musk involved. The pricing adjustment on the least expensive, easiest to make vehicles had to happen since Tesla has taken a major financial hit by not distancing itself from that flaming douchbag.

At this point, Musk is an albatross hanging around Tesla's neck. I owned multiple Model S' and Model X's before 2018, but I will not spend a penny of my money so long as Elon Musk is still involved in Tesla management.

You can only endorse climate change deniers for so long before it starts to bite you in the ass.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Prices are back to normal.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I sold my 2021 Model Y in August for 62k. What a difference now.

Shrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, Energica Eva Ribelle
The bidding for my Tesla closed on Cars and Bids earlier this week, and the transaction was finalized this morning. Heard about the price drop as I left the bank.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
They don't - there were inventory cars near me last night that were gone this morning. They are building at a good clip however.

A key here is how flexible Tesla can and will be to adjust price, increase sales and take advantage of situations. Through last year their demand was more than their supply, they could keep the prices up. Now that they have more supply and the economy has changed, they will adjust with it to take advantage of it, while still making a profit on each one.
also their profit margin on the 3/y was upwards of 30% anyway.

Reactions: GDN

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I bet Ford feels pretty dumb giving me as much as they did for my 4 year old Model 3 trade. It's still on their lot, and they paid really close to current MSRP-Credit lmao.
Ford dealer paid me above original MSRP for my '19 MX with 38k miles in July (paid $92k vs $89k msrp). Crazy stuff then, but the used car market had gone crazy. Bubbles always pop. Always.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.