• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck Specs Leaked!

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I don't see in the specs that the truck will look any better :)
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
This isn't a competitor for the Lightning or any full size EV pickup truck.
Is there any other full size EV pickup than the lightning? I've test driven the R1T, it's a midsize pickup. Very capable, but I wouldn't call it full size, and it's the only other pickup I can think of on the market currently.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is there any other full size EV pickup than the lightning? I've test driven the R1T, it's a midsize pickup. Very capable, but I wouldn't call it full size, and it's the only other pickup I can think of on the market currently.
Silverado.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Is the interior closer in size to a super cab F150? I need a visual aid 🤪
Headroom and legroom are within an inch of the Mach-e, but it is about 4 inches wider if that helps. So much closer to a mid-sized crossover than a truck.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
The GMC Hummer EV Pickup is definitely "Full Size" in regards to overall size, power, towing. Short box, though. Not sure how many they have shipped yet. GMC website says "Reservations are full." But search inventory shows dealer locations with units purportedly for sale.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
The GMC Hummer EV Pickup is definitely "Full Size" in regards to overall size, power, towing. Short box, though. Not sure how many they have shipped yet. GMC website says "Reservations are full." But search inventory shows dealer locations with units purportedly for sale.
LOL, I forget about that monstrosity. While it technically ticks the boxes, I wonder if there's a wholly separate demographic for those. When I worked at a Cadillac dealer several years ago there were "truck people" and there are "hummer people", and none of them liked the H3T.

OK, so GM has a handful of hummers and silverados that have made it into public hands. I admit I was wrong to say there aren't others on the market, but I think we all have to admit, they are rare.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Low numbers are still numbers! That's cool, I thought I had read they wouldn't be available till mid 24.
Chevy is releasing the Silverado EV in three phases.
  1. The fleet only WT trim, which technically can be purchased now with a fleet account. I don't know how true in practice that is.
  2. The top trim RST was supposed to be released around now but it has been pushed back to an unknown date.
  3. The regular consumer version was supposed to be released in 2024 but has been pushed back to late 2025.
Effectively, the Silverado EV does not exist in any significant manner.

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Effectively, the Silverado EV does not exist in any significant manner.
☝ 💯

So with that being said, yes, F150 Lightning is the only real Full Size 1/2 Ton EV Pickup Truck on the market.

This distinction (and Cybertruck and Rivian's literal shortcomings) matters because a Crew cab Full Size 1/2 Ton Pickup is the most popular configuration of vehicle in the U.S. by far. (https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2022-us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-model/)

IMO, Hummer is a different game altogether, that is in the "Supertruck" category, like Raptor R and TRX. Not your standard Crew Cab 1/2 Ton Pickup truck.... and furthermore, as has been shown the sales are so minor that it also does not exist in a meaningful manner.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X
Man that is a tight interior. Just like Rivian, it's closer to a mid size truck intererior. Full size Crew cab ("Supercrew" in Ford lingo) size trucks are the most popular models sold for a reason. Most people use their trucks as a family vehicle more than a work vehicle.

For me and many the initial deal breaker was that I dont really want my vehicle to "Standout" but now the even bigger deal breaker is the fact that this is not a full size crew cab truck.
Is the interior closer in size to a super cab F150? I need a visual aid 🤪
Here is where various ones fall in gradient color for a visual comparison.

Via: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...thers-including-silverado-ev-rst-future.9719/
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Cybertruck Specs Leaked! FfryYvn

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Cybertruck Specs Leaked! mnOYfiM

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Its 6 ft at the bottom. There is an indent at the bottom front wall of the bed. And the top of the cab overhangs the bed some as well.
Probably more like 5 ft at the top of the cab line.
Sponsored