• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll

Have you had the Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power issue

• Total voters
OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
8 weeks in the shop so far, and paperwork was emailed in for the buyback last Tuesday. Got a call from Ford last night asking if I had the truck back yet. What a mess
I feel like I'm back in the days of Build/train trip/delivery, except I was more excited then. Now I just need a truck.
Sponsored

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
I did get a call today letting me know that my 2nd replacement module has arrived at my dealer. ETA for return to me is early next week

Sponsored
OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I did get a call today letting me know that my 2nd replacement module has arrived at my dealer. ETA for return to me is early next week
Hopeful your 2nd replacement is good. I just witnessed what it takes to break the battery down. I'm now going to be curious if it's the same pack failing for everyone. I've seen the battery broken down in videos, but it hits different when it's out of your truck.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
After 35 days I got my truck today. They replaced HVBP module 3. I’m not going to lie, it will take some driving to get my confidence back in the truck. I’ve changed my vote to now resolved, being positive. I remember @kWfart had module 2 replaced and had good luck. I will remain hopeful. It was like getting a new truck, but I hope to not experience it again.

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
I’m following several threads on this, but having a hard time tracking how many of us have experienced this. I thought a poll might help. I realize this should have just been a “yes” poll because most are no. I don’t know how to change a poll.

Mine has been at shop 4 weeks and still December 27 waiting on parts. And the dealer doesn’t have to tools. They’re going to borrow them from another dealer. 😡
Mine has been in the shop since

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
After 35 days I got my truck today. They replaced HVBP module 3. I’m not going to lie, it will take some driving to get my confidence back in the truck. I’ve changed my vote to now resolved, being positive. I remember @kWfart had module 2 replaced and had good luck. I will remain hopeful. It was like getting a new truck, but I hope to not experience it again.
Where are you located? Can you give me your dealership contact info. My dealership has idiots there. My truck has been there for 30 days and no resolution in sight😡

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Where are you located? Can you give me your dealership contact info. My dealership has idiots there. My truck has been there for 30 days and no resolution in sight😡
Mine went to Ken Grody in Carlsbad, CA. Mike Mills was my service advisor. He was great at keeping me informed. Totally disappointed in the BEV team, they did nothing except repeat what my service advisor told me. The repair was actually two days once part arrived. One of this days was just charging a balancing the battery.

Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
So the update I received (I've been patient, haven't heard anything for a week) so I called dealer. Tech said they have battery "A" module and a temp plate but waiting on a "cold" plate with not even an ETA. WTH does that mean @Ford Motor Company? Not an ETA - is the part even available? We talking a week, a month, more? Going to have to talk with the wife - may just have to start the Lemon process (I'm so damned disappointed).

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
So the update I received (I've been patient, haven't heard anything for a week) so I called dealer. Tech said they have battery "A" module and a temp plate but waiting on a "cold" plate with not even an ETA. WTH does that mean @Ford Motor Company? Not an ETA - is the part even available? We talking a week, a month, more? Going to have to talk with the wife - may just have to start the Lemon process (I'm so damned disappointed).
Not sure what the “cold” plate is. There is a template for applying the thermal compound. Also there’s a lot of onetime use bolts, hopefully those are there. I was under the impression it all came as a kit.

I will state Ford’s largest issue for me was the total lack of information on parts ETA(we’ll let you know when it ships, is not acceptable). Even my dealership was frustrated because the BEV team would just call him and ask if the part was there. These repair times are unacceptable. Not to sound selfish, but they need to rob the assembly line to keep the current fleet running.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Not sure if it’s the same issue you all have had, but hopped in the truck today and I’m only showing 64% power available. I charged in my garage all last night. Temp out is 55* so it’s not the cold. Battery temps all show normal. First time seeing this. I truly hope it’s a software glitch.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Not sure if it’s the same issue you all have had, but hopped in the truck today and I’m only showing 64% power available. I charged in my garage all last night. Temp out is 55* so it’s not the cold. Battery temps all show normal. First time seeing this. I truly hope it’s a software glitch.
What is your battery capacity at?

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
What is your battery capacity at?
80%. After stopping and restarting it is completely back to normal. I checked the 12V battery connections when I got home and everything is super tight there.
Perhaps a software glitch? I just had update 4.1.1 2 days ago.
Sponsored