• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll

Have you had the Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power issue

• Total voters
OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
80%. After stopping and restarting it is completely back to normal. I checked the 12V battery connections when I got home and everything is super tight there.
Perhaps a software glitch? I just had update 4.1.1 2 days ago.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully just a glitch.
Sponsored

Thor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Platinum
About 900 miles on my 23 Platinum, high voltage battery fault/dead at 96% charge awaiting a tow. Let’s see what the dealer says next week

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
About 900 miles on my 23 Platinum, high voltage battery fault/dead at 96% charge awaiting a tow. Let’s see what the dealer says next week
Did you really charge that high? That’s not me judging charging practices, but I set charge limit to 90% and the day my truck died it was at 100%. It diminished quickly and ultimately the truck died.

Thor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Platinum
Did you really charge that high? That’s not me judging charging practices, but I set charge limit to 90% and the day my truck died it was at 100%. It diminished quickly and ultimately the truck died.
Interesting. Ford didn't advise me that you couldn't charge the battery 100%. I have home charging and regularly travel 200 miles in one direction on weekends to ski in freezing temperatures. Why would the truck have a charge limitation?

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Interesting. Ford didn't advise me that you couldn't charge the battery 100%. I have home charging and regularly travel 200 miles in one direction on weekends to ski in freezing temperatures. Why would the truck have a charge limitation?
Nothing to stop you from charging to 100%, but to extend the life of the battery it is recommended to not charge above 80% on DCFC or 90% on home charger. Also I believe the discharge recommendation is to not go below 20%. I have charged to 100% for road trips and definitely gone way below 20% (like 3%).

Most importantly I hope they get your truck back to you quickly.

Sponsored

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Well, mine failed again today. Last week dealer said they resolved it with a software update and then got call an hour later not to drive it too far as the code will come back and Ford had called them that there might be a bad battery cell. It's back at the dealer again but this time I got the new warning as well for HVB warning. Happy I live half a mile from dealership as I can crawl over there at 8 MPH on backstreets with hazard lights on, but have lost full confidence in the car. At this point it's a 90K lawn mower. Contacting lawyer today to find out about lemon law and my rights in California. Bought car mid September.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll IMG_74C302DEC25B-1
Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll IMG_2676.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll IMG_2675

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Well, mine failed again today. Last week dealer said they resolved it with a software update and then got call an hour later not to drive it too far as the code will come back and Ford had called them that there might be a bad battery cell. It's back at the dealer again but this time I got the new warning as well for HVB warning. Happy I live half a mile from dealership as I can crawl over there at 8 MPH on backstreets with hazard lights on, but have lost full confidence in the car. At this point it's a 90K lawn mower. Contacting lawyer today to find out about lemon law and my rights in California. Bought car mid September.

IMG_74C302DEC25B-1.jpeg
IMG_2676.PNG

IMG_2675.jpg
What fresh hell is this for a reply:

I do apologize for the delay in reaching out. And to answer your question, unfortunately, since the part was ordered directly through the vendor, they did not have an ETA at this time. They originally said 3-5 business days according to the parts department, but now they are saying no ETA. However, I will follow up with them every few days to get an update and keep you in the loop. I sincerely do apologize for the inconvenience and wish I could expedite the part, but since it is directly from the vendor, we do not have the ability to assist with getting the part and have to wait for the vendor at this time.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
What fresh hell is this for a reply:

I do apologize for the delay in reaching out. And to answer your question, unfortunately, since the part was ordered directly through the vendor, they did not have an ETA at this time. They originally said 3-5 business days according to the parts department, but now they are saying no ETA. However, I will follow up with them every few days to get an update and keep you in the loop. I sincerely do apologize for the inconvenience and wish I could expedite the part, but since it is directly from the vendor, we do not have the ability to assist with getting the part and have to wait for the vendor at this time.
Spoke with service dept - says part missing supplied by Vox - cold plate and two tubes thermal glue and they have no idea when it will be available - is this okay with you @Ford Motor Company ? Folks pay $80,000+ for a vehicle and you can’t get them what they need and offer no better than shrugged shoulders? Yeah, I’m pissed!

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Spoke with service dept - says part missing supplied by Vox - cold plate and two tubes thermal glue and they have no idea when it will be available - is this okay with you @Ford Motor Company ? Folks pay $80,000+ for a vehicle and you can’t get them what they need and offer no better than shrugged shoulders? Yeah, I’m pissed!
Familiarize yourself with your states lemon law.

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
they should be replacing the whole battery pack like Tesla does @Ford Motor Company. I am waiting for a new battery array but I bet they did not order the glue and all the other parts as well. This is really not ok. Take the whole battery from the production lines to help customers that have already paid for their trucks. This is really unacceptable. I need a truck and am driving a Ford Edge as a loaner.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
9 weeks. Picking it up today. Fords batteries are designed differently from Tesla. If one of the modules has bad cells or has issues, you replace the module not the entire assembly.
Do you know which module they are replacing? Mine was 3. I need to go find the battery tear down video, if I remember right there's a couple different module configurations. Curious if it's one configuration failing for all of us.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I've probably watched this a dozen times now.
So the module probably really doesn't matter as there are 8 identical and the 9th module is slightly smaller.

Last edited:

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
Week 7. Stopped counting the days. Service advisor has been slack so I complained and finally got him on the phone. They’re supposed to be getting the tools to work in my EV soon. What ever that means. (Soon) also, my battery part was ordered and messed up somehow and then ordered again. No ETA on arrival. He claims he will update me weekly. I know better. Totally irate over this service!! He claims the customer relations file I opened has helped push the order through. We shall see. 🤬
Sponsored