• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll

Have you had the Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power issue

• Total voters

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
I am on week 3. Battery array arrived last week, but now they have to take it all apart again because it did not come charged and they need to charge that array to the same percentage as the rest of the arrays before they connect it all to balance the cells out. Crazy seeing the car in pieces. Somehow magically the motor for the windshield wiper and leaking tailgate light all came in. I did tell them when the car went in that there is now a countdown to 30 days when it becomes a lemon. So maybe they are working faster to avoid this. still sucks to not have my truck but I see progress.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll battery
Sponsored

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I am on week 3. Battery array arrived last week, but now they have to take it all apart again because it did not come charged and they need to charge that array to the same percentage as the rest of the arrays before they connect it all to balance the cells out. Crazy seeing the car in pieces. Somehow magically the motor for the windshield wiper and leaking tailgate light all came in. I did tell them when the car went in that there is now a countdown to 30 days when it becomes a lemon. So maybe they are working faster to avoid this. still sucks to not have my truck but I see progress.

battery.png
Well glad it's only week 3, but still is a long time. Kind of surprised they didn't balance the cells. My service advisor walked me through the process of this way before the parts came in.

@Ford Motor Company has gone completely silent on me trying to get rental car reimbursed. Also feel like they should at least be offering a charging credit or something basic for the giant hassle. I'm just happy to be able to get farm work done again.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well they shut down the production line due to battery issues, I wonder why?
I missed that, so is production shut down right now?

Just found it "On Tuesday, Ford spokesperson Emma Bergg confirmed to Motor Authority that both a stop-build and an in-transit stop-ship order have been issued for the F-150 Lightning due to a potential battery issue."

Reactions: GDN

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I missed that, so is production shut down right now?

Just found it "On Tuesday, Ford spokesperson Emma Bergg confirmed to Motor Authority that both a stop-build and an in-transit stop-ship order have been issued for the F-150 Lightning due to a potential battery issue."
Others say it is in another thread, and by the data artifacts of the 2/6 build week it is indeed shutdown

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
How much of the truck has to come apart to repair. I watched the battery tear down video once and don't think it drops from the bottom. So does the bed and or cab or both come off depending on which module needs replaced?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
How much of the truck has to come apart to repair. I watched the battery tear down video once and don't think it drops from the bottom. So does the bed and or cab or both come off depending on which module needs replaced?
It gets dropped from the bottom, no need to take off the cab or bed

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Mine was dropped from bottom.
Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll CB3FBAFA-5800-4F04-ACD6-859E274A99DC

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Same here, battery is lowered while truck is lifted.
DA11CFA1-E706-41F1-8388-73B7D0D75433.jpeg
They had a bit of scare on mine because the Decked in bed was full of tools and truck popped up a bit when the pack dropped. That’s why there’s some straps 🤣

Sponsored

F150_lightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
Well… today was my lucky day. Truck stopped working when I tried to start it up. Got the call from Ford about three weeks ago and got the email last week. Was ignoring and hoping enough time would pass so that the dealerships would figure out the process.

The problem is that none of the dealerships around me know what’s going on. I’m in SoCal where there Is high volume of trucks but still it’s a mess. Just part of owning first gen vehicle I guess. Glad I kept my old truck so at least I have something to drive.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well… today was my lucky day. Truck stopped working when I tried to start it up. Got the call from Ford about three weeks ago and got the email last week. Was ignoring and hoping enough time would pass so that the dealerships would figure out the process.

The problem is that none of the dealerships around me know what’s going on. I’m in SoCal where there Is high volume of trucks but still it’s a mess. Just part of owning first gen vehicle I guess. Glad I kept my old truck so at least I have something to drive.
Yes, I think we have a large amount of the trucks. I can recommend Ken Grody in Carlsbad. Not that they get parts any faster, but the actual repair was quick.

MurphysLaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER,Cayman,Miata,Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Ours happened on Sunday. Power dropped to like max 10-15mph, when leaving Home Depot, pulled up to a light, and then dropped to like 5mph. Made the left turn through the intersection and pulled into a parking lot, turned everything off, and back on, and it was working again, but with a Ford Pass alert and a lingering wrench in the dash.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Ours happened on Sunday. Power dropped to like max 10-15mph, when leaving Home Depot, pulled up to a light, and then dropped to like 5mph. Made the left turn through the intersection and pulled into a parking lot, turned everything off, and back on, and it was working again, but with a Ford Pass alert and a lingering wrench in the dash.
Different feeling because there's no indication, it just happens. I've had ICE vehicles fail, but usually gave warning. I hope there is a speedy resolution for you and I feel very confident in my vehicle again.

F150_lightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
Update... towed the truck to dealership last Friday. When I touched base with technician earlier this week he said that the engineer he was working with at Ford already diagnosed the issue before I dropped off the truck and shipped a new module. I will have truck back sometime next week.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. is that even possible? I had no idea that Ford would be on top of it like that. I'm impressed!
Sponsored