• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Not a chance unless it’s wildly more capable than it is today
I can’t come up with a scenario where I would pay that price. Perhaps only something so far advanced that isn’t even reasonable. If I could plug in an address into the GPS and the truck just took me there, then maybe.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I can’t come up with a scenario where I would pay that price. Perhaps only something so far advanced that isn’t even reasonable. If I could plug in an address into the GPS and the truck just took me there, then maybe.
It’s especially wild because IMO BlueCruise in its current form is about the same capability or slightly below basic Tesla Autopilot. Major difference is Ford uses eye tracking and Tesla uses wheel pressure to gauge attentiveness. Basic Tesla Autopilot used to be a several thousand dollar add on, but became included for the life of the car at no additional cost, once all other new premium car models started coming with some form of adaptive cruise control and lane keeping. Tesla had to make this change to remain competitive.

If Ford wants to remain competitive, BlueCruise should be included free for the life of the car at this point. The days of being able to charge thousands of dollars for lane keeping and ACC are behind us, and Ford missed the boat. Realistically the only way I see Ford being able to charge thousands for software and make real profits over the life of a vehicle is if the car just takes me there and I can focus on other things (or nap), or if the car could go pick up the kids from sports autonomously with a high degree of safety. Even a software forward company like Tesla is struggling to get to this point, and they are years ahead of Ford. So I don’t really see how my current Lightning will have the sensor suite or computational power to do such tasks.

Even charging for map updates is pretty much obsolete at this point, now that you can use apps through CarPlay that can integrate EV charging stops into their navigation.

Sponsored
OP
OP

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
It’s especially wild because IMO BlueCruise in its current form is about the same capability or slightly below basic Tesla Autopilot. Major difference is Ford uses eye tracking and Tesla uses wheel pressure to gauge attentiveness. Basic Tesla Autopilot used to be a several thousand dollar add on, but became included for the life of the car at no additional cost, once all other new premium car models started coming with some form of adaptive cruise control and lane keeping. Tesla had to make this change to remain competitive.

If Ford wants to remain competitive, BlueCruise should be included free for the life of the car at this point. The days of being able to charge thousands of dollars for lane keeping and ACC are behind us, and Ford missed the boat. Realistically the only way I see Ford being able to charge thousands for software and make real profits over the life of a vehicle is if the car just takes me there and I can focus on other things (or nap), or if the car could go pick up the kids from sports autonomously with a high degree of safety. Even a software forward company like Tesla is struggling to get to this point, and they are years ahead of Ford. So I don’t really see how my current Lightning will have the sensor suite or computational power to do such tasks.

Even charging for map updates is pretty much obsolete at this point, now that you can use apps through CarPlay that can integrate EV charging stops into their navigation.
Agreed- pretty disappointed that I paid for the Ford Co-Pilot 2.0 on my model

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I won't pay that.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
That is a price that is hard to justify for me. I don’t spend much time on the roads that it is mapped to and we haven’t traveled much since my wife’s sister passed with cancer two years ago.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
No way! Not enough mapped highway up here, and what there is not part of my daily drives.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Has th
Anyone going to subscribe at that price?

IMG_3803.jpeg
What is their source? Has this been verified through another source? Or are we up in arms from someone looking for clicks?

Rbert

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla model S
I got a survey from Ford yesterday on the same subject. My answer is no payments for Blue Cruise unless it were to become substantially more functional. It currently is not smart enough to slow down for a speed restricted turn on the freeway. Give me something other hands free driving on a major divided road.

Last edited: