• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Has th

What is their source? Has this been verified through another source? Or are we up in arms from someone looking for clicks?
Ford Motor commented on the post from the Mach E site

Ford F-150 Lightning BlueCruise Subscription Price Increased to $800/yr for All Renewals IMG_3805
Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
so us lightning customers with bluecruise have it for 3 years before having to renew?
That’s what my window sticker and fordpass app say - the trial expires on 2026. Might be different for people depending on what Fords policy was when their truck was built but I guess I have until 2026 to see how things shake out.

Doesn’t sound like some of the Mach E folks are in the same boat hence why some of their renewals are coming due currently.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
so us lightning customers with bluecruise have it for 3 years before having to renew?
I’m not so sure about that. Below is information from the FMCO order guide for the Lightning. Other than the Connected Nav, I see no evidence of a subscription either in the order guide or the monroney sticker.

FORD CO-PILOT360TM TECHNOLOGY â—Ź Ford Co-Pilot360TM Assist 2.0
— IntelligentAdaptiveCruiseControl ○ Stop-and-Go
â—‹ Lane Centering
â—‹ SpeedSignRecognition
— EvasiveSteeringAssist
— Connected Built-In Navigation1,2
— Intersection Assist

The 1,2 reference footnotes for the connected built in Nav being 3 years. Am I to presume that you still have the maps but not the traffic congestion calculation (or what ever that is called).

Last edited:

Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Ford is nuts if they think they can charge that much per year for this. These features are table stakes now… Tesla gives it away for free.

While they are at it they should pull a GM and get rid of CarPlay 🤪

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
Coming from a Honda, which had Lane Keep Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control, I agree - this is table stakes.

Will I at least get to keep these features _without_ Blue Cruise? Because I'm not paying $800/yr and if it doesn't have those features, that would be a big miss by Ford, IMO.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Another bait and switch. When I bought my truck I understood that one of the primary selling point features would cost $200 year ($600/3). Charging 4X that is absurd. That price is essentially like stripping a feature from the vehicle because it’s so out of line.

I love this forum. You guys have been awesome. I will definitely not be buying another Ford though! Holy cow they have lost it.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I use blue cruise on a ton of mapped highways. Its hot garbage.

@Ford Motor Company , how do I get an extension on my 3 year for a product that doesn't work as advertised? Can I lemon law the truck?

Randomly swerves on the freeway when carpool lanes merge, doesn't work in HOV lanes half the time, tries to kill motorcyclists, randomly disconnects without warning, then instant reengagement, polarized sunglasses in the day time.... Lol nope.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I use it twice a month and it helps me when I’m fatigued driving back from office 162 miles, and sometime to the office. That’s $33 a round trip. Not worth it at the moment.

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
I love getting off a long day or night at work, getting on the freeway, letting Hands Free take over, and then I can just relax and say "Ahhh" while leisurely opening up a snack and drink. But to pay $800 a year for that.... probably not. I can afford it, but I think it sets a bad precedent.

If Ford improves Blue Cruise more, such as "exit to exit" with lane changes, then I'd pay for it. I hate it when I get distracted listening to lecture or Audio book, and take the wrong exit off the freeway.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Maybe they have an actual target price, so they doubled it and announced it. Now, in the midst of all this backlash, they can back off the announced price and people will be ~ok with the lower one, which is still absolutely ridiculous. It will be interesting to see if in a week they come out saying "sorry, we've adjusted it down after feedback".

I won't be paying either way.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
I like BlueCruise. It is better than the Tesla autopilot (I didn’t pay $12,000 for Full Self Driving). I think BlueCruise has a lot of potential, but I won’t pay for it until the tech and the regulatory environment allow for driverless vehicle movement. That will make your one vehicle worth the price of 2 or 3. Until then, I’ll just drive.
Sponsored