• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

EdSnow

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X545e
Dealer called today to let me know my Price Protection check was ready. I said I would pick it up instead of waiting for the mail. $9100 as others have reported!! So that and the $7000 private offer gets my final price back to the August 2022 order date price.

From my previous post for some context:

“Just picked up my F150 Lightning Pro on April 7th (order placed on August 15, 2022; build date January 11, 2023).

Here are the pricing details:
- I received a $7000 "private offer" credit at time of sale (in the dealer SmartVincent system)
- Dealer would not honor the price in my Ford.com account of $57,769
- They used the MSRP sticker of $61,869”

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Just got off the phone with Ford Support -- no change in status. One piece of information they shared is that my truck is waiting on this specific code:

OBKQ3

Apparently this code is the reason that my truck is not able to be shipped. It has something to do with a lightbar (even though it's a Pro with no lightbar)

Does anyone have any idea what this code means?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Just got off the phone with Ford Support -- no change in status. One piece of information they shared is that my truck is waiting on this specific code:

OBKQ3

Apparently this code is the reason that my truck is not able to be shipped. It has something to do with a lightbar (even though it's a Pro with no lightbar)

Does anyone have any idea what this code means?

Wow I can't believe they're still dragging their ass on your truck! 😑

Last edited:

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Today is five months and a day since my truck was built, and I finally have confirmation that my truck has left Michigan and is off the train and waiting to get on a convoy.

Looks like it will arrive at the end of this week. It's about the worst time possible.

I am leaving tomorrow on a long-planned summer camp out-of-state in VT, so looks like I'll have to fly back to NC to take possession of the truck, then fly back to VT. Do I just send the American Airlines bill to Ford?

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Today is five months and a day since my truck was built, and I finally have confirmation that my truck has left Michigan and is off the train and waiting to get on a convoy.

Looks like it will arrive at the end of this week. It's about the worst time possible.

I am leaving tomorrow on a long-planned summer camp out-of-state in VT, so looks like I'll have to fly back to NC to take possession of the truck, then fly back to VT. Do I just send the American Airlines bill to Ford?

Congratulations bro, I was worried that it would never happen! It will be well worth the wait!

You don't have to immediately come and get the truck. Call the dealer and tell them you're out of town and you'll be back after a while. They will put a sold ir reserved sign on it.

Cograts!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired

so glad for you. mine is getting very close perhaps next week.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
@davehu, great to hear your long-awaited truck is soon to be yours. On the snafu, you did have a little bit of involvement as the trip was planned with the truck still in limbo. Might be worth the expense to store the truck so it's not going to sit out in the hot NC sun for days while you're gone. I asked FMC about battery cooling in the summer sun in parking lots. I was told 100 deg F is the point the truck will start to cool its battery whether it's plugged in or not. The message I got was definitely keep your truck in a garage or in the shade rather than let it sit out in the hot summer sun in South Texas.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
@davehu, great to hear your long-awaited truck is soon to be yours. On the snafu, you did have a little bit of involvement as the trip was planned with the truck still in limbo. Might be worth the expense to store the truck so it's not going to sit out in the hot NC sun for days while you're gone. I asked FMC about battery cooling in the summer sun in parking lots. I was told 100 deg F is the point the truck will start to cool its battery whether it's plugged in or not. The message I got was definitely keep your truck in a garage or in the shade rather than let it sit out in the hot summer sun in South Texas.
you mean buttah_hustle

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the correction. Must be lack of sleep on my part - a combination of staying up late to move things around my garage for work early the next day and anxiety about how it will all turn out.

Sponsored

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
5 and a half months after being built, my Pro has finally arrived at the dealer. I'm of course a thousand miles away for the summer, but they are agreeing to hold it for me until I return later in July. What's one more month after 25 months since reserving?

I got the attention of someone very high up at FMC, who was able to quickly get my truck moving out of the hold lot, and since they tagged it as 'priority' delivery, it was hot-shotted (single vehicle delivery) directly from the rail yard to the dealer.

My excitement remains high, and I'll update in a month once I take delivery.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) arrived

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Awesome dude, congrats! Very happy for you!

I got the attention of someone very high up at FMC, who was able to quickly get my truck moving out of the hold lot, and since they tagged it as 'priority' delivery, it was hot-shotted (single vehicle delivery) directly from the rail yard to the dealer.
I'm going to have to do that soon myself, so I might DM you later for tips. My salesperson at the dealer seems very disinterested in helping me out.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
5 and a half months after being built, my Pro has finally arrived at the dealer. I'm of course a thousand miles away for the summer, but they are agreeing to hold it for me until I return later in July. What's one more month after 25 months since reserving?
Congratulations! over 4 1/2 months since my build (2/5) but mine has left dearborn. and by the time I get it I will have waited about 5 months also.... however you ordered way before I did (12/11) . since August if I remember!

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's finally happened, 24 months after reserving and six months after being built, I took possession of my Pro yesterday. Dealer was accommodating and did not play any games.

Drove it all of 20 miles to the detailer where it is getting G-Techniq Ceramic coated. Finally get to bring it home on Friday and begin adding the pile of Mods I've accumulated.

@TaxmanHog , pretty darn sure that I'm the last in this build week. Thanks for keeping it open for me!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) PXL_20230725_163319870

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's finally happened, 24 months after reserving and six months after being built, I took possession of my Pro yesterday. Dealer was accommodating and did not play any games.

Drove it all of 20 miles to the detailer where it is getting G-Techniq Ceramic coated. Finally get to bring it home on Friday and begin adding the pile of Mods I've accumulated.

@TaxmanHog , pretty darn sure that I'm the last in this build week. Thanks for keeping it open for me!

PXL_20230725_163319870.jpg
Congrat's with that I'll mark this thread complete!!!!
Sponsored