• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
That sounds so miserable to me. I’m used to pulling 230KW on the Rivian. I start getting antsy if I drop below 120KW on the Ford.
Trust me I love the ten minutes or so at 160+…. Then I get depressed for the next 30 minutes until I finally pull the plug.
Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
He probably does have an ER. All I know is that 80%charging drop off is a BITCH. There is no polite way to say it. That’s why I’m curious and a little excited to see the charging curve on the LFP batteries.
Yes yes it is. That drop is painful Both in time AND in $$ when the wife and kids are allowed to roam in Wally World for an extra 20 min while I squeak out an extra 10% charge…….

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
no obd, been thinking of getting one though. Which one do you have?
I bought the vLinker MC+. First one arrived with problems. Second one arrived without any issues. Oddly enough they arrived in different packaging so I wonder if one was a knock off.

It works and isn’t terrible but if you’re going to use it a bunch I’d probably recommend the OBDLinkMX instead. If it’s once in a while the vLinker is fine.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Trust me I love the ten minutes or so at 160+…. Then I get depressed for the next 30 minutes until I finally pull the plug.
That’s going to be applicable when I’m old enough for my family to put me on life support.

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
That’s the better way. I made that mistake on my first trip with the kids. I skipped a charging stop that ABRP recommended…then needed to stop for 30 minutes for a potty break without a charge. Added stop for no reason
We did the same on our first trip south - all stops had chargers but the “unplanned “ ones due to potty breaks were chargepoints and only 62kw units. we still had to make the same planned ea stops. It took so much longer than planned.

Sponsored

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Hybrid , 21 Harley Road Glide
Occupation
Ford Commercial Sales Manager
I think he chimed in a few pages back and he was still on the hybrid.
@Ford Senior Master 25k miles and going strong with the Hybrid.... I'm hoping this new hybrid powertrain for the 2024's is a plug in, I already told the wife if it is I'm ordering a new one right away.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
So…where has everyone gone for vacation this summer? Any recommendations?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
North Myrtle Beach, Charleston SC, Smoky Mountains/Gatlinburg area, Charlestown, RI.

what type of vacation you looking for?
Any type that doesn’t involve a beach oris Overly crowded..
Sponsored