• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
My A2Z adapter is supposed to come Monday. Looking forward to more useful Bucees stops.

My Ford furnished one isn’t expected until August.
Im in May. I’ve had my truck parked from long distance trips since my module replacement. Been a little nervous. I’ll probably add a couple thousand miles locally before I go far with her again
Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
My A2Z adapter is supposed to come Monday. Looking forward to more useful Bucees stops.

My Ford furnished one isn’t expected until August.
It works great, just make sure you engage that lock on the bottom fully after attaching the Tesla cord. And if you get the charge fault, that is the first place to look for the issue.

I’m about 1,000 mi in on a road trip and its been all Tesla except one stop. It’s worked great.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I typed Pro, while my brain meant SR. Why go for the SR pack again?
Well the SR was sitting in the showroom.LOL We also have an XLT SR which has never been an option to me and a $94000 Platinum XR. I’m not paying that much for any vehicle. In the end after owning the SR I realized that I do not need the extra range.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Well the SR was sitting in the showroom.LOL We also have an XLT SR which has never been an option to me and a $94000 Platinum XR. I’m not paying that much for any vehicle. In the end after owning the SR I realized that I do not need the extra range.
I really disliked the platinum when I drove it. The stiffer springs and lower profile tires are really apparent. It rides like a rock compared to a Pro.

If you don’t use the range, no point in lugging the weight around

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Im in May. I’ve had my truck parked from long distance trips since my module replacement. Been a little nervous. I’ll probably add a couple thousand miles locally before I go far with her again
You had to have a module replaced?

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
I really disliked the platinum when I drove it. The stiffer springs and lower profile tires are really apparent. It rides like a rock compared to a Pro.

If you don’t use the range, no point in lugging the weight around
I drove the Platinum about 50 miles and agree with what you’re saying. It also didn’t have the same pep when you romp on the pedal. At least the seats are a step up from the Lariat. I could’ve bought it for about 85k after rebates… not happening.
I don’t find it strange at all that last week we had 11 lightnings including 2 Platinums. As of today we have 2 Platinums 1XLT SR and only 1 Lariat left. The rebates have really got them moving with the exception of the Plats. Not so much with the Mach E’s. They are shall we say abundant..

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
I drove the Platinum about 50 miles and agree with what you’re saying. It also didn’t have the same pep when you romp on the pedal. At least the seats are a step up from the Lariat. I could’ve bought it for about 85k after rebates… not happening.
I don’t find it strange at all that last week we had 11 lightnings including 2 Platinums. As of today we have 2 Platinums 1XLT SR and only 1 Lariat left. The rebates have really got them moving with the exception of the Plats. Not so much with the Mach E’s. They are shall we say abundant..
It’s all in the pricing. These things are hard to resist at $40k-$60k. Above that and it’s tough to stomach imo.

How do you like your Mach E? We went to look at one because of how much we liked the Lightning and we left thinking it was more Tesla like than Lightning like.

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
It’s all in the pricing. These things are hard to resist at $40k-$60k. Above that and it’s tough to stomach imo.

How do you like your Mach E? We went to look at one because of how much we liked the Lightning and we left thinking it was more Tesla like than Lightning like.
We absolutely love the Mach E. It is Ford through and through. Electronics are almost Identical to Lightning and interior styling is very comparable to the rest of Fords Line up. It doesn’t appear Ford took the minimalistic approach on the interior like Tesla does.There is one very noticeable but not annoying difference between Mach and Lightning. The motors whine in the Mach E. The Lightning or at least all of them I have driven are nearly silent. I’m not sure if that’s because of the difference in manufacturers of the motors or in the design of the motor support or lack of sound isolation on the Mach E. I’ve never owned a Tesla so I can’t fairly compare them as far as driving.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
We absolutely love the Mach E. It is Ford through and through. Electronics are almost Identical to Lightning and interior styling is very comparable to the rest of Fords Line up. It doesn’t appear Ford took the minimalistic approach on the interior like Tesla does.There is one very noticeable but not annoying difference between Mach and Lightning. The motors whine in the Mach E. The Lightning or at least all of them I have driven are nearly silent. I’m not sure if that’s because of the difference in manufacturers of the motors or in the design of the motor support or lack of sound isolation on the Mach E. I’ve never owned a Tesla so I can’t fairly compare them as far as driving.
I'd bet on it being the unibody vs body on frame that transmits all the motor noise to the cab.
Sponsored