• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I forget, what was her objection to the vinyl floor? I ask because the first thing I do is put floor liners to cover up the carpet. LOL
She thinks it is cheap looking and proves her complaints about me being a cheapskate.

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Frugal, not a cheapskate. The money you saved you put into the premium for her. Which I'm sure has carpet.... 🤑
Actually I ordered her a Select with LFP battery. OMG she had a fit because it didnt have the roof. I ended up getting her the premium instead. This Woman...lol

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Actually I ordered her a Select with LFP battery. OMG she had a fit because it didnt have the roof. I ended up getting her the premium instead. This Woman...lol
Happy wife, happy life! How's the roof in the AL summer? Cause there's no shade on it like the F150s right?

You would think someone experienced as he is from the best build week ever would NEVER NEVER have to push to a charger. LMAO..
Might need to revoke his 7/11 emeritus status.

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Happy wife, happy life! How's the roof in the AL summer? Cause there's no shade on it like the F150s right?

Might need to revoke his 7/11 emeritus status.
It was completely fine in September but it cooled off around here after that.. We shall see how it does this summer. I really like it, especially the range. We made a quick run over to Georgia today and still had like 150 mile range when we got home. With my truck I would probably have been running down to like 50 miles..

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
I had thought about that. The tint guy didn’t have any light enough the day he did rest of the car. I don’t really want it any darker.
I did near clear. They say you can do clear for light transmission it reduces heat almost exactly the same.
I leave the shade open 99% of the time. When it’s too bright, I close it. I didn’t even tint the rest of the windows.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Ceramic window tinting made the sunroof useable in Texas. Amazing stuff.
I know I've compared to Tesla many times, sometimes worth it, sometimes not. We've had a 3 or Y in the household since June 2018. Solid glass roofs on all. Not once did I ever get in any of those cars even in 110 degree heat and wonder why they didn't do it better or why I didn't have a cover, or wonder if I needed to have it tinted.

They do the coatings right.

In the pickup I open the shade in the winter for heat and in the summer, there is no way I open it, and in fact still feel the heat radiating through the shade.

It couldn't add more than $50 at most to have these roofs coated right at time of manufacture. Deliver some value to the customer. Take it that step that makes it worth it. Don't make me ask the question what do I have to do after spending $80K to make this product usable on a daily basis.
Sponsored