• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

NCBroncoOBX

First Name
Palmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2022 Bronco OBX Sasquatch
Occupation
Attorney
I am looking for answers to the question of whether the Mobile Power Cord should have been included with the purchase of my 2023 Lightning Platinum. I made my reservation on 08/13/2021, and I placed my order on 09/07/2022. My build date was 10/31/2022, and I finally took delivery on 12/30/2022. At the time I placed my order, I had to add on as an extra option the Mobile Power Cord to the tune of $500. This was contrary to everything that I knew and had read on the topic.

On 02/28/2022, I received an email from Ford entitled "Get ready to charge your F-150 Lightning." Besides stating that the 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro is included with the extended range battery, the email further stated as follows: "The 30-amp Ford Mobile Power Cord is included with all models." Once I got past my build date with the delivery date seemingly imminent, I drilled down further and located the Ford web page on the topic. I printed out the page from that website (part of the "Explore 2023 F-150 Lightning" webpage) on 11/01/2022, and it stated in part as follows: "Every Ford F-150 Lightning comes with the Mobile Power Cord included." I just checked the same webpage today, but it now says: "The Mobile Power Cord is available with every Ford F-150 Lightning." At the time of purchase, I asked my dealer about it and showed them my printouts of the email and website page (copies attached with relevant sections highlighted). However, they said they couldn't do anything about it, and that I'd have to contact @Ford Motor Company directly. What has been everyone's experience with this?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_6946

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_6947

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_6948
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I am looking for answers to the question of whether the Mobile Power Cord should have been included with the purchase of my 2023 Lightning Platinum. I made my reservation on 08/13/2021, and I placed my order on 09/07/2022. My build date was 10/31/2022, and I finally took delivery on 12/30/2022. At the time I placed my order, I had to add on as an extra option the Mobile Power Cord to the tune of $500. This was contrary to everything that I knew and had read on the topic.

On 02/28/2022, I received an email from Ford entitled "Get ready to charge your F-150 Lightning." Besides stating that the 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro is included with the extended range battery, the email further stated as follows: "The 30-amp Ford Mobile Power Cord is included with all models." Once I got past my build date with the delivery date seemingly imminent, I drilled down further and located the Ford web page on the topic. I printed out the page from that website (part of the "Explore 2023 F-150 Lightning" webpage) on 11/01/2022, and it stated in part as follows: "Every Ford F-150 Lightning comes with the Mobile Power Cord included." I just checked the same webpage today, but it now says: "The Mobile Power Cord is available with every Ford F-150 Lightning." At the time of purchase, I asked my dealer about it and showed them my printouts of the email and website page (copies attached with relevant sections highlighted). However, they said they couldn't do anything about it, and that I'd have to contact @Ford Motor Company directly. What has been everyone's experience with this?

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6947.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg
If you paid $500 for it, you get it. If you removed it as an option you don't get it. That's all, yeah their marketing materials are confusing but that's because they updated the year 2022 to 2023 on all those pages and didn't chnage the content.

It's honestly not worth $300 (let alone $500), you are better off buying a better mobile connector made by a different brand (3rd party Amazon).

ATLJoker285

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I took delivery the same day and was told the same thing. However, my dealer gave me one anyway. They told me it was their pleasure since I had went through so much and hung in there.

I was with you feeling like everything I read indicated it was included.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
@dwelch07 I hate to say it but you are the last to be delivered. Any updates from your dealer?

UserNameLocationBuild WeekBlend DateIn Production DateBuiltShippedEstimated Arrival DateArrival DateTrimBattery
dwelch07MI10/31/202210/31/202210/31/202212/15/2022LariatER

dwelch07

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Ligtning Lariat ER
Yeah, unfortunately it is what it is. I have talked to my dealer and they haven't heard anything from the shipping company and CS is perplexed why my truck has been submitted for shipment 4 different times and has to be released back to the ramp each time. Not sure what is going on but since taking delivery on my Tremor it has been easier to deal with the waiting haha!

Thank you for checking in!

Sponsored

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Yeah, unfortunately it is what it is. I have talked to my dealer and they haven't heard anything from the shipping company and CS is perplexed why my truck has been submitted for shipment 4 different times and has to be released back to the ramp each time. Not sure what is going on but since taking delivery on my Tremor it has been easier to deal with the waiting haha!

Thank you for checking in!
I just checked your truck and I see that it still has not shipped! Was your dealer able to figure out what the heck is going on?

dwelch07

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Ligtning Lariat ER
I just checked your truck and I see that it still has not shipped! Was your dealer able to figure out what the heck is going on?

Yeah, I checked with the dealer and Ford CS and they aren't showing any updates; just that it is awaiting shipment. I did receive an email two days ago that my order updated but when I checked with my dealer, online order tracker, and Ford CS they are showing no updates. Actually, the only thing that updated was my expected delivery window went from 12/17-12/21 to 11/4-11/10 so who knows what is actually going on. Ford CS did create a "special inquiry" into the situation but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Have you seen anything similar to this recently?

Thank you for checking in,

dwelch

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I checked with the dealer and Ford CS and they aren't showing any updates; just that it is awaiting shipment. I did receive an email two days ago that my order updated but when I checked with my dealer, online order tracker, and Ford CS they are showing no updates. Actually, the only thing that updated was my expected delivery window went from 12/17-12/21 to 11/4-11/10 so who knows what is actually going on. Ford CS did create a "special inquiry" into the situation but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Have you seen anything similar to this recently?

Thank you for checking in,

dwelch
Another month has passed and still not shipped.

dwelch07

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Ligtning Lariat ER
I did receive word from my dealership on Monday that it shipped to the dealer but there is an electrical problem with the truck that they have to send it back to get it repaired. I went up there after hours and written on every window is the word, "dead." Doesn't make me feel good about it; plus they have a 22' Lariat ER on the lot for $8,000 less MSRP and without all of the deleted items on the '23 (same color that I wanted too). We will see; I took delivery about 2 months ago of a 23" Tremor that I love so tough decision in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for checking in!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I did receive word from my dealership on Monday that it shipped to the dealer but there is an electrical problem with the truck that they have to send it back to get it repaired. I went up there after hours and written on every window is the word, "dead." Doesn't make me feel good about it; plus they have a 22' Lariat ER on the lot for $8,000 less MSRP and without all of the deleted items on the '23 (same color that I wanted too). We will see; I took delivery about 2 months ago of a 23" Tremor that I love so tough decision in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for checking in!
Truck is now showing delivered to dealer!!!!
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1678201848660

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation