• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/1/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW GTI / 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
I got my ambassador email. Not sure what to expect with that.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I got my ambassador email. Not sure what to expect with that.
If you have done any amount of reading here and are familiar with EVs and specifically the lightning, probably nothing. I'm guessing they just opened up the program now to try to work out any kinks before opening the floodgates to orders from the general public who have heard about the truck or have a neighbor with one and want one now but don't really know anything about EVs.

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ambassador contacted me today. Told me that my dealership should receive my truck between 5/24 - 5/30. Does anyone know if ambassador predictions are accurate?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Ambassador contacted me today. Told me that my dealership should receive my truck between 5/24 - 5/30. Does anyone know if ambassador predictions are accurate?
I'm going out on a limb, NO, there are factors outside their control, namely rail yard to dealer transport times.

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m optimistic, but it sounds like a stretch. My sticker says “Convoy,” so I was under the impression it would be trucked down here.
The ambassador did say he would schedule a virtual walk through of my truck after delivery, 5/31.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I’m optimistic, but it sounds like a stretch. My sticker says “Convoy,” so I was under the impression it would be trucked down here.
The ambassador did say he would schedule a virtual walk through of my truck after delivery, 5/31.
100% of the window stickers I've seen of Lightnings show CONVOY, but we know that destinations beyond ~300 miles will be loaded onto a rail cars, there have been a couple extremely rare exceptions during first year roll out of grossly overdue shipments, but most will follow the more efficient transportation plan.

m_grovs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2016 Ford F-150
Anyone else get this email today?

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your F-150 Lightning LARIAT order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of May 1, 2023, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.​
This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.​
We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.​

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got that email a little over an hour ago. And 7 hours before that I had an ambassador telling me I would be taking deliver in 2-3 weeks. Wtf.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I just got that email as well. No estimated delivery date yet though.

Streek

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Anyone else get this email today?

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your F-150 Lightning LARIAT order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of May 1, 2023, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.​
This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.​
We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.​
I received the same email. I wonder what the delay is.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
Same here. Ambassador gave me a delivery date as well. It’s weird because this is usually the email I get every 45 days on my maverick order. Which was in my inbox alone with this lightning email.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the email and my blend date was 4/29. I am still waiting for built status.