• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This was posted in the Mach-E forum:

Ford CEO Jim Farley has just announced today that 1,920 Ford dealers (out of almost 3,000) have enrolled in the Model e program for 2024 to 2026. Here's the breakdown of what tiers the participating dealers chose:
  • 1,659 chose the Certified Elite tier.
  • 261 chose the Certified tier.
Under the program, Ford dealers can choose from one of two tiers to become “EV certified.” The lower tier requires a $500K initial investment and includes:
  • Repair and maintenance
  • One public DC fast charger
  • No EVs to show (BTO only)
  • No presence on Ford.com.
The higher “Certified Elite” tier includes two public DC fast chargers, demo units, rapid replenishment, and a presence on Ford.com but will cost around $1 million to $1.2 million.

Dealers not opting to participate in the Model e program will have another opportunity to participate come 2025.

If you don't know what the tier differences are:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-ev-certified-mandates-model-e-sign-up.23887/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Happy for Ford and ok with being wrong again. I did not expect that many dealers to go model e.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

Sponsored

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
We signed up after the dealer first said no way in h3ll. We have already purchased the Ford DC FC manufactured by Bosch. When they get here is another story!

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I could be mistaken, but believe there are federal incentives for installing L3 chargers....perhaps I read it in one of the proposed bills rather than the bill that was approved. Not looking to make this political...just saying dealers should look into whether there are incentives for L3 and whether the proverbial juice is worth the squeeze.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The Certified Elite tier numbers was staggeringly high IMO.

I wonder if Ford is subsidizing the large capital outlay ??

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The Certified Elite tier numbers was staggeringly high IMO.

I wonder if Ford is subsidizing the large capital outlay ??
I have heard that some of the dealers joining the class action lawsuit entered into the Elite program in order to sue Ford. That's a rumor. But it makes sense considering if they didn't join they wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on when they aren't participating in the program.

Ford is also doing a 5 year financing program to help pay for the chargers.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I could be mistaken, but believe there are federal incentives for installing L3 chargers....perhaps I read it in one of the proposed bills rather than the bill that was approved. Not looking to make this political...just saying dealers should look into whether there are incentives for L3 and whether the proverbial juice is worth the squeeze.
Some states are offering various incentives for chargers as well to include grants and/or tax credits.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I still don't understand how the Ford Certified tier dealer program makes any sense. Spend $500,000 to become a Ford EV certified dealer and be limited to 10 EV's per year in allocation? Even at 10% profit on an EV sale, you wouldn't likely break even at today's interest rates.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I still don't understand how the Ford Certified tier dealer program makes any sense. Spend $500,000 to become a Ford EV certified dealer and be limited to 10 EV's per year in allocation? Even at 10% profit on an EV sale, you wouldn't likely break even at today's interest rates.
Where are you getting 10 EVs? I thought in the lower tier it was 25 per year.

I do agree with you...if you're going to sell EVs a dealer needs to go for the plus certification(no limit). Go big or go home....

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

I do agree with you...if you're going to sell EVs a dealer needs to go for the plus certification(no limit). Go big or go home....
I agree that makes the most sense and the numbers show that most dealers who opted in felt the same way.

The only reason I could see for the lower tier is if they wanted to stay in the EV market to feel it out for a couple more years before committing to the higher tier in the next window.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030

I believe I heard the 10 EV's from @FordVideoGuy Tim Bartz on his podcast a few months ago. When I heard that it seemed to be an absurdly low number.
Sponsored