• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 F150 Lightning not on dealer ordering webpage

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I just received a link from my Ford dealer, https://www.5starford.com/custom-order-request/ford/ that lists the ordering availability for Ford Vehicles but the F150L is not on the list. The web page lists which vehicles can be ordered now and which can be order can be ordered in August, September or October. The F150, Mach-e, and E-Transit are listed on the webpage but not the F150L.

Does this mean that the order books for the F150L are not going to open until late fall or even 2023? I guess this could mean that ordering for the F150L won't be made available to the general public since there is at least a year's worth of reservations.
Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I think your last thought is the most likely. Makes me think they are sticking to the waves so technically the order banks won't be open.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I imagine that due to the different ordering process for the Lightning, the dealer is not going to advertise the Lighting as available to order.

As a reminder, Current reservation holders are invited to order from Ford directly--not from the dealer.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I think your last thought is the most likely. Makes me think they are sticking to the waves so technically the order banks won't be open.
They should stick to some sort of wave or organized order strategy. This risks becoming even more of a crapshow if it turns into a free for all.
Sponsored