• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Lightning ordering starts in August?

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Is August the rumored month when ordering will start for 2023 Lightnings? Are those that extended their reservations guaranteed to order first?
Sponsored

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
So far all I’ve heard is “summer.”

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I called Ford Lightning team earlier this week...this is what I was told. Nothing for certain, but they are being told August.

The agent was very nice and I did get some info which may be helpful..take it FWIW:

"Agent said 2023 ordering is tentatively scheduled to start in August. No exact date but she said that is what they are being told. They have not been told if it will again go in waves or what structure the 2023 ordering will take."

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I called Ford Lightning team earlier this week...this is what I was told. Nothing for certain, but they are being told August.

The agent was very nice and I did get some info which may be helpful..take it FWIW:

"Agent said 2023 ordering is tentatively scheduled to start in August. No exact date but she said that is what they are being told. They have not been told if it will again go in waves or what structure the 2023 ordering will take."
Thank you for checking and sharing. That’s better than just “summer”, which is all we’ve heard up to now.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

That makes sense since the MY'22 are still being delivered thru summer and fall.

Maybe get lucky with MY'23 delivery at Christmas time ?

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
My speculation is that wave ordering resumes in early fall for MY 2023. It really does not matter to me whether ordering re-opens in summer or not. What I'm hoping is that, before then, dealers would reach out to reservation holders (in reservation order) and invite them to configure as the leaked Ford memo encourages them to do.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Ford's customer service told me a few months ago that they expected to take orders in June for deliveries starting in Oct. Seems plausible that they're adjusting for supply chain issues and such.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Still holding strong for July on their FAQ page for Lightning ⚡ even added the 2022 availability with it saying MY23 order banks in July which I don't remember seeing that before.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning ordering starts in August? Screenshot_20220706-220407

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
The question is why? If the order banks are about 3 years behind, why even open them?

Sponsored

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Because they aren't three years behind. Zero reservations have been converted to 2023 orders; what percentage will convert?
Youre right, based on figures for my dealership at current production they are 10 years behind. We have 161 Reservations, and so far 9 converted. So why not just pile on more? We already get a dozen people a day asking when they can get one, the short answer No. Ask any local dealer, how many reservations they have vs conversions. If you cant decipher why adding more to that is bad idea I cant help you

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Youre right, based on figures for my dealership at current production they are 10 years behind. We have 161 Reservations, and so far 9 converted. So why not just pile on more? We already get a dozen people a day asking when they can get one, the short answer No. Ask any local dealer, how many reservations they have vs conversions. If you cant decipher why adding more to that is bad idea I cant help you
Evidently, you aren't aware of the difference between a reservation and an order. They have to open the order bank so the reservation holders can convert to an order.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Evidently, you aren't aware of the difference between a reservation and an order. They have to open the order bank so the reservation holders can convert to an order.
Evidently you don't understand how it works at all then. Its ok. Ive seen your type before, keyboard warriors always know more. Ive only worked for the company 15 years. Good luck on that order, im sure youll have a 2023 real soon! Remember Ford said they were going to make 70000-80000 originally for the first year, that was cut to 15000. Sp with 200,000 reservations still needing to be converted, how do you become more important?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Evidently you don't understand how it works at all then. Its ok. Ive seen your type before, keyboard warriors always know more. Ive only worked for the company 15 years. Good luck on that order, im sure youll have a 2023 real soon! Remember Ford said they were going to make 70000-80000 originally for the first year, that was cut to 15000. Sp with 200,000 reservations still needing to be converted, how do you become more important?
Ford was never going to make 70-80k in 2022 and they never implied they would.
Regardless of all of that, at some point they need to convert some fraction (TBD) of the remaining reservations to orders for 2023. That is what they are opening the order banks to do. It is unknown at this time if they will allow new reservations or allow non-reservation holders to place orders, but they need some orders if they want to build any for 2023. As of today, they have no orders for 2023.

Do these banks opening mean you can put an order in now and get a 2023 truck - not likely.

Will opening the order banks allow some (most?) existing reservation holders to convert to orders - yes!

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
The question is why? If the order banks are about 3 years behind, why even open them?
Current reservation holders can be turned into orders in July. You still won't be able to make a reservation.
Sponsored