• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Lightning ordering starts in August?

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Volvo XC60 PHEV, 2021 GT500, 2015 Hellcat
I reserved within 20 minutes of the presentation starting, so was estimating from the fact that they had 20,000 in the first 24 hours - it isn't an exact number.

Mannequins are another one of the dealer BS...there is no reason for them to have made them except to get all the quality control issue out of the way and have the issues with the demo trucks instead of customer orders.
I am in Canada which is probably anything thing against me since Ford really favors the US. I am however in Vancouver, BC (BC has ZEV mandates that need to be met by 2025) and there are EVs everywhere with a really strong presence by Tesla (I drive 12km to work and probably see about 30 or more tesla EV each direction).

Ford has given build dates for trucks that were reserved days after the presentation, sometimes even months yet a lot of people that reserved withing minutes didn't even get to order.
Why did they schedule wave 7 orders when there are still a lot of outstanding orders that don't have a build date?
I was within the first 20 minutes of the presentation starting as well, ordered a Platinum Jan 12th. Last month I was told there's no way my truck will be built this year unless I wanted to switch my order for a Lariat SR. Meanwhile, another guy I know didn't even reserve until the day after the presentation and I think got his order in on Jan 30th has his truck currently in transit.

Now I'm seeing threads about the massage seats being deleted on the Platinums which is the feature that had me order the Platinum originally, hopefully they add them back in before my truck gets built. That said depending on when next year it's supposed to show up and how that coincides with the Silverado EV release I might just cancel the truck as I have a Silverado EV RST First Edition reserved as well.

Ford has really screwed this reservation process up, not sure why I expected different after watching the whole Bronco debacle.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Wave 7 was to satisfy individual dealership allocation.
Which equals remaining production capacity based on start of production planning right?!?

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I'm a little confused about Ford's approach here. Why wouldn't Ford want to know information about order conversion and trim preference?
I know that the Bronco launch was completely effed up (they had a lot of people order very early and not deliver for years), but there were factors there that don't exist here. Covid was a much bigger player, the chip shortage was worse, and they completely screwed up the hard top production.
But here, the lightning incredibly similar to its ICE cousin (of which Ford sold 726,000 in 2021), so I think Ford will be able to deliver a lot more Lightnings than it did Broncos in its second year.

And so why wouldn't they want to convert reservations to Orders and have people select a trim?
What is the drawback there? As long as Ford was up front that converting to an order means a delivery date that could extend into 2024 or 2025, why wouldn't it want to get all that data?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm a little confused about Ford's approach here. Why wouldn't Ford want to know information about order conversion and trim preference?
I know that the Bronco launch was completely effed up (they had a lot of people order very early and not deliver for years), but there were factors there that don't exist here. Covid was a much bigger player, the chip shortage was worse, and they completely screwed up the hard top production.
But here, the lightning incredibly similar to its ICE cousin (of which Ford sold 726,000 in 2021), so I think Ford will be able to deliver a lot more Lightnings than it did Broncos in its second year.

And so why wouldn't they want to convert reservations to Orders and have people select a trim?
What is the drawback there? As long as Ford was up front that converting to an order means a delivery date that could extend into 2024 or 2025, why wouldn't it want to get all that data?
After the first 6 waves, Ford instructed their dealers to reach out to remaining reservation holders to verify that they wanted to keep their reservation and if so, what trim level. My dealer called me and wanted to know trim level and battery size, which I gave them. I’m sure a lot of dealers didn’t bother with this.
Point is, they did try to get the information, but without the order conversion part.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
We're now one business day away from orders starting with no guidelines of how the waves are going to work. Other new 23 vehicles dont have their build and price updated for months typically. However unlike those other vehicles the lightning was ordered online and it would seem that build and price needs to be updated for the ordering process to adhere to the model E format. @FoMoCo When will the build and Price for 2023 Lightning go online?

Sponsored
OP
OP
anthafied

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
We're now one business day away from orders starting with no guidelines of how the waves are going to work. Other new 23 vehicles dont have their build and price updated for months typically. However unlike those other vehicles the lightning was ordered online and it would seem that build and price needs to be updated for the ordering process to adhere to the model E format. @FoMoCo When will the build and Price for 2023 Lightning go online?
I just saw that 2023 Maverick orders got pushed back. Wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with lightnings.

Last edited:

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Latest is Aug 11 Wave 1 invites to those who extended on a 2022 invite for the Pro. Wave 2 Aug 25 for these who extended on an XLT. Wave 3+ starts in September.
Did your secret sources give any background on why there was an extra delay added in?

Any insight on PRO/XLT allocations Numbers?

Build and price App update in advance?

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Did your secret sources give any background on why there was an extra delay added in?

Any insight on PRO/XLT allocations Numbers?

Build and price App update in advance?
They are trying to build as many 2022s as possible. Some will end up converted to 23MY. Order guides early next week. No idea on allocation numbers.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Latest is Aug 11 Wave 1 invites to those who extended on a 2022 invite for the Pro. Wave 2 Aug 25 for these who extended on an XLT. Wave 3+ starts in September.
Cool, still 14 day wave cycles.........

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I hope this isn't true honestly.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
They are trying to build as many 2022s as possible. Some will end up converted to 23MY. Order guides early next week. No idea on allocation numbers.
Any idea if the infotainment will change to Google based UI OR will it be a carryover from 2022 (i.1. Blackberry based)?

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Any idea if the infotainment will change to Google based UI OR will it be a carryover from 2022 (i.1. Blackberry based)?
I doubt it’s likely to change. They’re just getting the supply chains set up for the 22 model, it’s unlikely they’ll change materials significantly unless it’s available in larger quantities.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I doubt it’s likely to change. They’re just getting the supply chains set up for the 22 model, it’s unlikely they’ll change materials significantly unless it’s available in larger quantities.
It could potentially be purely software if the headunit/screen can support android.
Sponsored