• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Colorado residents are also impacted on tax credit for this change. State credit for light duty EV trucks with GVWR 8500# and up is $3500 for 2022 and $2800 in 2023.

For GVWR below 8500#, it only counts as a passenger vehicle and the state credit is $2500 for 2022 and $2000 for 2023.

Ford really didn't do their homework on this.

Aside from the GVWR issue, I would argue that the Dynapro AT2 "all terrain" tires are the better tire option for those of us needing a more capable tire. They're really not an AT tire, but more like an all-season. The General Grabber HT AS tires are just not great...

I've ordered the as tires on my 2023. It still says I have the 8500# GVWR package and AS tires on my window sticker. Not sure if the truck will show up that way or not. I have not received anything from Ford or my dealership about them needed to change tires.
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
If it's truly just the Tires that affect the GVWR, I would have higher load tires and wheels put on by the dealer.
Then as delivered it's an 8500+ GVWR. I realize the vin would still reflect the lower number, but if it's only limited because the tires and I wouldn't have a problem if I was audited. Just like anything, documentation would be in my file and the truck tires would have the higher rating when I put it into service.

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
Looks like I got lucky on this one, the VIN for my '23 Lariat ER is showing 1FT6 which seems to indicate I will be getting AS tires. In Canada we have a "Luxury Tax" which the Lightning would qualify for, if it came with the AT tires. So this "free upgrade" could have cost me an extra $2400.

OP
OP
p52Ranch

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
If it's truly just the Tires that affect the GVWR, I would have higher load tires and wheels put on by the dealer.
Then as delivered it's an 8500+ GVWR. I realize the vin would still reflect the lower number, but if it's only limited because the tires and I wouldn't have a problem if I was audited. Just like anything, documentation would be in my file and the truck tires would have the higher rating when I put it into service.
It impacts the payload ratings on the door sticker. I think ultimately the difference lies in the recommended tire pressures. The AS tires have a 42 psi pressure and the AT’s have a 36 psi rating.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Aren't the AT tires noisy?

I want the truck whisper quiet, especially after I put this killer SQ sound system in. :love:

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I haven’t driven a Lightning with AS tires, but my AT tires seem perfectly quiet to me.

I hope so. I guess the more aggressive the tread is, the louder the tires will be. I have a coworker that has these really aggressive treads on his Dodge Ram and you can here his tires coming from a block away. That's a bit too much for me.

mattb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Aren't the AT tires noisy?

I want the truck whisper quiet, especially after I put this killer SQ sound system in. :love:
sound system details?
Sponsored