• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Is there a rubber shortage too? I wanted all season tires for better range in south Texas.

My build is scheduled for 11/21.

Screenshot_20221107_095922_Gmail.jpg

I got the same notification today (Nov-7-22). I do NOT WANT all terrain tires! I will never take this truck off-road. I live in San Diego and don't need anything for snow. What are my options? I reached out to my local dealer today but haven't heard back yet.
Sponsored

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
got the same notification today (Nov-7-22). I do NOT WANT all terrain tires! I will never take this truck off-road. I live in San Diego and don't need anything for snow. What are my options? I reached out to my local dealer today but haven't heard back yet.
I'm guessing they are trying to get as many vehicles built and delivered to make their quarterly numbers.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I got the same notification today (Nov-7-22). I do NOT WANT all terrain tires! I will never take this truck off-road. I live in San Diego and don't need anything for snow. What are my options? I reached out to my local dealer today but haven't heard back yet.
Your option is to probably have the dealership swap out the tires for you, see what they say. The problem is the all-season tires Ford is using are in short supply. It's not a simple thing for Ford to simply switch to a different tire, even though there are many tires out there that will do great. Each tire option requires certification of that configuration. Which is why Ford will only be doing the AT tires for now. If the supply issue persists, they will probably select a new AS tire and have that configuration certified moving forward. But that's not a quick solution, could take a a few months. For now it becomes an aftermarket fix...unfortunately.

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I have the All Terrain on my lightning that I’ve had since middle of June. I would say there is minimal impact to the range as they are not a very “aggressive” all terrain tire. Many times during the summer my daily commute of about 20 miles driving 55 mph to work, my truck would get 2.8 mi/kwh or better efficiency. I’ve also seen similar range estimates with my truck as what many YouTubers testing the all season tires are getting. My guess is less than a 5% difference in range from all season to all terrain.
Can you replay with the brand/model of the tires you got? A pic of the tread would be great to see too.

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
Can you replay with the brand/model of the tires you got? A pic of the tread would be great to see too.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning with 20" wheels now only shipping with All-Terrain tires (at no cost) DDC88132-B72C-4B6D-862A-CA28D3AAB2F7

Hankook Dynapro AT2

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning with 20" wheels now only shipping with All-Terrain tires (at no cost) FDCCAEAD-DCF0-4F2D-8A18-C2F19022009D

Hence the all terrain tires 😂

Last edited:

Sponsored

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
DDC88132-B72C-4B6D-862A-CA28D3AAB2F7.png

Hankook Dynapro AT2

FDCCAEAD-DCF0-4F2D-8A18-C2F19022009D.jpeg

Hence the all terrain tires 😂
Thanks for the picture! Not an aggressive AT tire at all (as Fryballin said). I can live with these if that's what I get.
I love the farm shot. What do you grow? I have a small avocado farm here in San Diego (150 trees). But I'll only use the truck for light duty work and commuting. I've had my current F150 for 13+ years. Hoping the Lightning is as reliable...

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
I think the AT tires retail for $100 more per tire, so at least in that regard not a bad deal.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
FWIW, I had the Hankook Dynapro AT tires on my Expedition Max. Ford has been using them for several years now. They were more like 3-season tires. Handled/drove great all around, did well on dirt roads. Not an aggressive tire or a true AT tire in any sense. They were pretty worthless for winter conditions. In fact, they were absolutely terrible with any snow/slush on the road. Did great with rain and wet though...

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
FWIW, I had the Hankook Dynapro AT tires on my Expedition Max. Ford has been using them for several years now. They were more like 3-season tires. Handled/drove great all around, did well on dirt roads. Not an aggressive tire or a true AT tire in any sense. They were pretty worthless for winter conditions. In fact, they were absolutely terrible with any snow/slush on the road. Did great with rain and wet though...
This post concerns me as I'll need a true four season tire. Especially over the next several months.

Sponsored

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I guess there are a lot of opinions. I live in the NE and we encounter a variety of road conditions, including snow and ice. I had the Hankook Dynapro AT 2 on my ICE Platinum and they were very good tires in my opinion.
Good to hear!

halo36

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I got what they consider AT from Michelin on mine. I wanted to change them for something more aggressive, but after putting a few thousand miles on mine, I am not sure I am going to do it. They are really quiet and although I rarely get off of the pavement, they actually performed really well on a wet, muddy slope that I had to unexpectedly climb.

Mike Dubs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Yes, it would seem that you’re getting the All Seasons. Unless Ford has made some other changes to keep the heavier GVWR.
I have a 1FT6 VIN as well for a ER Lariat with 11/21, but my online configuration shows AT tires. I suspect I will get a new VIN at Some point.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
while I at first did not lean toward needing any A/T tires on my PRO, I've found that the difference is probably VERY negligible ... mpE is not going to 'suffer', if any, comparatively. I'm enjoying mine, 6,000 miles, with little concern.

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
After replacing one of the all season tires already due to a blowout on a gravel road, I wish I had the A/Ts instead.
Sponsored