• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Pro Production

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
I'm curious to know if anyone thinks Ford might do a first batch of 2023 pro's when production starts in October? It seems like there are some 2022 pro orders that might get moved to 2023 + the first 2023 pro orders in August were from those that had an extended reservation. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.
Sponsored

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
It's possible but I don't think any of us will know until Ford starts scheduling.

I will join you with the wishful thinking. I ordered a pro this August.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I will join you with the wishful thinking. I ordered a pro this August.
That could mean a $7,500 tax credit difference for a lucky few (if the battery content make 2023 tax credit $0)

In line with your wishful thinking, I wonder how many orders there are in first wave and if there are any order corresponding to when the order was placed.

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
I would feel like I won the lotto to get a MY23 Pro at MY22 price with $7500 credit. That would bring the price down to 44k with options and tax.

I test drove the pro at my dealer who just so happen to have one. Coming from a 2011 Silverado it will be a major upgrade. The vegan leather seats were very comfy.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
I would feel like I won the lotto to get a MY23 Pro at MY22 price with $7500 credit. That would bring the price down to 44k with options and tax.

I test drove the pro at my dealer who just so happen to have one. Coming from a 2011 Silverado it will be a major upgrade. The vegan leather seats were very comfy.

I can’t tell if it’s sarcasm but it’s not vegan leather, just vinyl.

Sponsored

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I also dream of Ford doing a solid for the MY23 Pro retail orders and delivering them this calendar year. I doubt there are really that many of us, and I doubt many flippers extended, so I think our pool probably has a pretty high percentage of sincere buyers and enthusiasts. Getting trucks to us might get Ford some positive press (or, at the least, really positive forum chatter) at relatively little cost.

But then I wake up, and I get sad again.

The thing killing me is that just about every mannequin in my area is a Pro. Why, Ford? WHY?!?

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
That could mean a $7,500 tax credit difference for a lucky few (if the battery content make 2023 tax credit $0)

In line with your wishful thinking, I wonder how many orders there are in first wave and if there are any order corresponding to when the order was placed.
I will get in the queue for wishful thinking as well. I was so lucky and excited to be invited to order the Pro back in February. I waited a day to check on insurance costs and financing and tried to pull the trigger the next morning and Pros were sold out. Feels bad man. This feels like winning the lotto now that I got to keep the 22 price at least... if I get a build date for this year I don't know if I can stand the stress of wondering if it will be delivered in time for the tax credit! I already refresh my order page constantly, I don't know how much faster I can click it! :)

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I waited a day to check on insurance costs and financing and tried to pull the trigger the next morning and Pros were sold out. Feels bad man.
Are you sure it was not sold out the first day? I got in to the order page as soon as I got the email and it was sold out. I was convinced, they were not planing to sell any 22 Pros. Frankly the only reason I extended and not cancelled was that I already had my deposit back and there was no cost in staying around. I was fully onboard with Rivian but they cancelled the Explore and they have too many design flaws with a lot of new owner service calls. And the phantom drain is ridiculous. So when I got the email from Ford the second time in middle of my vacation, I told everyone to stop talking until my order is complete. I think chance of 22 delivery is super slim especially since they already told us expect fall of 23. And as I learned both with Rivian and the first round of Ford, lower trim of an EV truck is like the ugly child of the family. Expecting attention can only lead to disappointment but I can't deny anticipation of that hug from Ford even if it is by accident is still there ;)

Last edited:

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
The 'order' site for those who received a 'deferred' order invitation for the PRO shows 'available in Fall of 2023'... meaning that likely NO Pros will be built, at least RETAIL versions, until then. Yes, they'll build many FLEET Pros, as they did this past JUNE, pushing our RETAIL Pros down to July and August.
Sounds like the same for next year.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
@Halbach, The MY22 Pro was only available in Wave 1 for '22. I was Wave 2, and I got to the order page within minutes of Wave 2 opening, and it was already sold out. So checking with your insurance company in February did not hurt you any.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I'd build more if I was able to raise price $7K.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
@Halbach, The MY22 Pro was only available in Wave 1 for '22. I was Wave 2, and I got to the order page within minutes of Wave 2 opening, and it was already sold out. So checking with your insurance company in February did not hurt you any.
Not sure what the difference was between us then, I was able to pick any of the trucks up until the next morning; it was only then that the Pro said unavailable. Probably some internet cache glitch that wouldn't have let me actually order anyways. Somehow that makes me feel better about missing my non existent window then!

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E

Won’t be $0, at worst it still qualifies for the manufacturing location and that is half or $3,750.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Won’t be $0, at worst it still qualifies for the manufacturing location and that is half or $3,750.
Is that independent of your income for 23 or like the old incentive, you have to have at least that much in taxes?

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Ford never intended to mass produce the pro. They sold just enough to say they sold it and that's it. I'm yet to see proof of a single fleet pro ER ever being produced.
Sponsored